What's new

Hydrominder eductors

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have been buying replacement parts for my 511 hydro minders and ran across "high chemical eductors" and "regular eductors" aka the black injectors but what's the difference? does the high chemical style just mean it mixes with less water to make your end product more visual in the bay and does it use more chemical?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's "high-volume chemical eductor," and it's for a high-volume Hydrominder.

phred113

Reaction score
If you are using the terms correctly, injectors use a lot of 'water' to pull in a little 'chemical'. Eductors use a little 'water' to pull in a lot of 'chemical'. Eductors cannot generate discharge pressure, but are used instead to move large amounts of liquid or sludge. The cheap pit suckers attached to the wash wand work on this principle.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I have been buying replacement parts for my 511 hydro minders and ran across "high chemical eductors" and "regular eductors" aka the black injectors but what's the difference? does the high chemical style just mean it mixes with less water to make your end product more visual in the bay and does it use more chemical?
There are actually two different types of eductors for the 511.

The black colored eductor is the "regular" eductor that comes with the 511 when new.

The other eductor you are referring to is the high volume eductor which is actually brown in color.

It looks identical to the black eductor until you look into the chemical side of the eductor itself. Both have a rectangular opening, with the difference being the actual size of the the rectangular opening. The black eductor's opening is twice as small as the brown eductor hence the "high" volume.

Simple physics, the larger the chemical opening is on the eductor, with all other things being the same (water pressure, chemical viscosity, etc.), the more chemical will be injected.

If you look at the Kleen Rite chart for the Hydrominders, the brown eductor setup is actually model 515, or just a regular 511 with a brown eductor instead of a black eductor.

I use the brown eductor in my soap setup because I need a ratio of 2-1 (black tip / brown eductor 515) which you cannot get with the 511. The largest ratio is 4/1 (511).