What's new

Hydrominder air bubble

Etowah

Joswhaha

Reaction score
There is a air bubble in the hydrominder chemical feed that I can’t seem to get ride of. Is there some trick to this? I already replace the foot valve, I replaced a check valve in the line. I also replaced the tube going down from the hydrominder and drilled a hole above the water level. I am still having this air bubble. Maybe it is normal but I don’t notice because the hose was cloudy.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
It will eventually go away. It may take a year or two. It doesn't hurt anything.

In those tight tanks, whenever I have to replace the suction hose, I rotate the eductor from 6 o'clock where yours is to 1 o'clock, then run the hose in through the lower hole. It gives you a couple more feet of hose to reach the chemical and fixes the trapped air bubble.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Good plan about rerouting the chemical line. I’m glad this air bubble isn’t something to worry about. I will continue replacing the chemicals lines and not worry about it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I’m glad this air bubble isn’t something to worry about.
I used to worry about it, I'd maneuver the hose to get it out, and the first time the chemical runs empty it's back. I have enough OCD issues without worrying about air in the hose that doesn't hurt anything.

Etowah