What's new

Humble pie really doesn't taste that good

Etowah

mac

Reaction score
Over the years I've made what some would consider to be snarky comments about winter weather. Some times I may have even laughed at you northerners. Well we here in south FL got slapped around a little. Four days straight of highs in the 50 to 60 and lows in the 40s with a CONSTANT 20 mph wind from the north, with gusts to 40. Trust me, I now feel your pain.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Over the years I've made what some would consider to be snarky comments about winter weather. Some times I may have even laughed at you northerners. Well we here in south FL got slapped around a little. Four days straight of highs in the 50 to 60 and lows in the 40s with a CONSTANT 20 mph wind from the north, with gusts to 40. Trust me, I now feel your pain.
In Maryland, that would be a heat wave right now, LOL.

mac

Reaction score
I grew up in Iowa and lived there many years, so I know what cold is. However it only takes a year, two at most, to get acclimated to warm south FL.. For us, this was brutal.

washnshine

Reaction score
The equation that makes car wash owners in the northeast endure winter is:

cold = snow = salt = mega volume = $$$

Yes, we have to turn our heat up and put on a jacket on our way to the bank during these months! 😂

But if you’re from Iowa, you get the picture!

Eric H

Reaction score
Well we here in south FL got slapped around a little. Four days straight of highs in the 50 to 60 and lows in the 40s with a CONSTANT 20 mph wind from the north, with gusts to 40. Trust me, I now feel your pain.
It was 1 degree Sunday morning here in Central MA. Today it was 34 degrees and I was working outside in a t-shirt. The humidity was low with no wind otherwise I would have had a sweatshirt on. To be fair, I did have on Fleece lined jeans and a wool cap but I was quite comfortable.
I'm sure it is cold for you but I'm not sure you "Feel our pain".
I'm not sure I could get used to no snow and all of the benefits that come with it. I intended on going snowshoeing mid-morning but got tied up with some other things at the wash, maybe tomorrow.
What do you do everyday when the weather is always the same? I hike a lot of the same trails over and over but I observe different things every time.
5669C9E6-C9CB-4775-8E0B-292EBDD6DA8A.jpeg
One of my favorite spots

SoakZone

Reaction score
Two weeks ago we had a week-long stretch of negative temperatures... we're talking -40! Wreaked havoc on our door sensors, but we made 'er through lol