What's new

HP Rocker Blasters At Entrance

GreatWash

Reaction score
I’m considering adding high pressure rocker blasters (3 turbo nozzles per side along with under carriage tube) at the entrance of my Autec friction machine. I have a 25 hp motor with cat pump set up to power it (I own it...from an older touch free wash).

It currently has them on board with a failing 5hp high pressure pump. Even before having issues with this setup performance was marginal.

Has anyone done this? Pros/cons of moving them off board. Looking for advice.

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't like them for several reasons. They're great for removing light mud, but do you really want them coming into your auto bay with mud? The water dilutes the presoak in the area it needs to be the strongest. People love to just sit there and run it out. It's a lot of water. Side blasters along with undercarriage wash is good if your area uses road salt, but I'm in central Texas. They just use sand here.

cooll903

Reaction score
I don't like them for several reasons. They're great for removing light mud, but do you really want them coming into your auto bay with mud? The water dilutes the presoak in the area it needs to be the strongest. People love to just sit there and run it out. It's a lot of water. Side blasters along with undercarriage wash is good if your area uses road salt, but I'm in central Texas. They just use sand here.
up in the north we have to have undercarriage and side blasters for the salt

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I would apply chemical front, side and back as the vehicle starts to enter bay but before the front, rear and rocker panels gets blasted. The chemical needs dwell time.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have the rocker blasters and know that it's hurting my cleaning performance on my touchless. I need to try running the wash without them to see if the presoak performs better ( I never get complaints but still occasionally see the "brow" ). Just apprehensive about the customers thinking they're getting cheated.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I opted for underbody flush only on my new IBA equipment package. I think the side spray does dilute the presoak too much. I plan to make up for it by adding an extra HP pass on my top wash. I know it will make the c.o.g.s. higher, but at a $20 price point, who cares?!?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As mentioned the side blasters are good for solids removal but counterproductive for touch free cleaning most vehicles unless you're in the snowbelt and need to get ice off. Pre application of presoak/bug remover/tire cleaner would be more beneficial IMO

soonermajic

Reaction score
My SoftGloss has
1.hp wheel & sidewall
2. Wheel/Tire Clean
3. Hp Wheel/TC

Do you guys know if i can eliminate the
1. hp wheel/ tire/sidewall ?

washnshine

Reaction score
My SoftGloss has
1.hp wheel & sidewall
2. Wheel/Tire Clean
3. Hp Wheel/TC

Do you guys know if i can eliminate the
1. hp wheel/ tire/sidewall ?
You don’t need to eliminate it with a friction machine. It will keep your brushes cleaner and clean out the heavy stuff too. The touch free operators have to be careful because it weakens the presoak dilution when the car is wet before the chemical is sprayed on. I would definitely keep it with a friction machine. It’s basically an auto-prep.