What's new

How to operate without the stacker

John L

Reaction score
What do you have to do to run without a stacker in a Hamilton RL2 changer? I had been told to separate the harness going to the stacker and plug the purple wire jumper into the harness. I did this, turned it on and now I'm getting a 6-1 error code on the controller. Is there something else to do?
Thank you.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That's all you're supposed to have to do. Did you change the controller? It seems to me that on some controllers that there is a dip switch that has something to do with a stacker.

Last edited:

John L

Reaction score
No, I did not change the controller. I do not have a problem with the stacker but I am new to the forum and read in the archives where you could run without the stacker if you plugged the jumper into the harness. I did it as a dry run so I would know what to do if stacker failed. I reinstalled the stacker and everything is working but I had the 6-1 error code so I assume there is more to do.

mjc3333

Reaction score
Is the stacker a single or dual stacker? If it is a dual stacker you may have to change the settings on the validator to a single stacker, then plug in the purple bypass plug. Look on the side of the validator, there should be a list from 1-10. The pin #4 would be off. There are also dip switches on the inside of the controller. If you get stuck, call Hamilton, it's an easy fix.

John L

Reaction score
It is a dual stacker and switch 4 is off. Hamilton told me about the purple wire jumper plug, but there must be something else.

MEP001

Reaction score
You need to turn off switch #2 in the controller as well.