What's new

How to make foam thicker?

DippyFresh

Reaction score
So I’m having trouble finding that sweet spot of thick foam out of my banana foamers and curtain. I had the idea that it might be more air or more soap but as I’m playing around with dilution and air I’m still not getting a very thick foam.

I know it varies from soap to soap, but what’s the general thing/ratio I should be going for if my goal is thicker foam?

Thanks
Dip

washnshine

Reaction score
So I’m having trouble finding that sweet spot of thick foam out of my banana foamers and curtain. I had the idea that it might be more air or more soap but as I’m playing around with dilution and air I’m still not getting a very thick foam.

I know it varies from soap to soap, but what’s the general thing/ratio I should be going for if my goal is thicker foam?

Thanks
Dip
Ratio should be listed on whatever soap you chose - use that as a starting point and adjust accordingly. Do you have the plastic scrubby material in your foamers? Make sure it is clean and not obstructed. Just adding air will make it dryer / if you want a wet and thicker foam, you need more product - so again - use the suggested amount as your starting point and go up from there.

Eric H

Reaction score
The key to getting a sheet is a huge volume of product. A high volume hydroflex injector and large diameter tubing to the foamer.
The big issue that having a consistently good looking foam curtain is that it uses a lot of product and gets cost prohibitive.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use a hydrominder / flo jet to feed my Banana foamers. Start with 40 PSI to Flo Jet and 10 PSI to the air injection at the foamer. Gradualy increase air but should not need to be above 20 PSI. More is NOT better. Trying to force more volume through the limited space will kill foam, not enhance it. IF the Air and Flo Jet pressures I list don't get the trick done increase dilution one step at a time. If you are not using a hydrominder flo fet system to feed the foamers I cannot help you.