What's new

How many guys do NOT use air on PS or TC/EC?

Etowah

soonermajic

Reaction score
Our air manifold went out on TC, so we just bypassed it for time being. ZERO customers have complained or noticed.
So, how many guys don't have air for PS, or TC? What's the pros / cons for having/not having air?

Randy

Reaction score
We don't use air on our Presoak. I run the Presoak at 140 - 150psi. My air compressor will only put out about 115psi. So the air doesn't do much. No one has ever said a word about it not foaming. It's only been that way 20 years or so.

MEP001

Reaction score
How does a manifold go out?

You'll use a lot more tire cleaner without air to foam it, or you'll have to make it weaker.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I guess it was the solenoids on the 4 block manifold....

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Do you have a filter on your compressor? Typically (or at least it happened to me) water that forms inside the air compressor will travel with the air through your lines to the solenoids and rust them out. Installing a filter to trap this moisture and regularly discharging the condensate from the compressor helps with this.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I DO use air with the low pressure functions. I find that with air injected:
a) I use less product
b) I get better coverage on the car
c) the product tends to "cling" better on the car, less run-off - and therefore IMO cleaner cars.

On the occasions that the low pressure air injection was not working properly or turned off, customers did not notice (afaik) or comment. But I turned it back on anyway, for the aforementioned reasons.

I do have difficulty keeping things adjusted perfectly so that I get a "foam" spraying out for the low pressure, I think it's mostly the chems I use. I get more of a very bubbly / slight foam. But I'm not certain I really want/need to be spraying foam anyway. Tire cleaner, yeah, maybe.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
"Foaming" action is all about the show. Comments or lack thereof aren't always a great judge of perception. Quick story (Tunnel story) Some years ago I had an "A HA " moment. Customer says "I did not get any Soap on my car" My Reply "Is the car Clean? " Response "What difference does that make?"

soonermajic

Reaction score
"Foaming" action is all about the show. Comments or lack thereof aren't always a great judge of perception. Quick story (Tunnel story) Some years ago I had an "A HA " moment. Customer says "I did not get any Soap on my car" My Reply "Is the car Clean? " Response "What difference does that make?"
BRILLIANT
That is a great response

mac

Reaction score
Yes it really is about the show and the other reasons Paullovesjamie mentioned. If you use a scented presoak it greatly enhances things with the perfume.