What's new

How high is too high

repairguy

Reaction score
Installing ceiling boom in what was once a repair facility. Roof trusses good 20 foot above floor. Beyond a long drop line, and servicing the boom way up there is there any other known problems with a high boom. Thanks for your consideration in advance.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Installing ceiling boom in what was once a repair facility. Roof trusses good 20 foot above floor. Beyond a long drop line, and servicing the boom way up there is there any other known problems with a high boom. Thanks for your consideration in advance.
One thing is the weight of the drop line will add extra weight to the bearings and wear them out quicker,,,another thing is the long hose length will make the product change over longer in time and will confuse customers..

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have an outside truck bay that semi's can pull under and thru. The boom is 14.5' from the ground and I wouldn't want it any higher...They do sell extra heavy duty booms for truck/semi bays, so I'm sure you could get a boom to hold up. But it wouldn't be easy to work on. I don't feel comfortable even at 14.5' replacing the swivel.