What's new

Hours replace vac shammee motors

Wet Spot

Reaction score
i purchased the 3 meter 220v air shammee system. How many hours do you generally get on a vac motor before replacing, I have a hour meter on all of them

Mchas

Reaction score
Do you change the brushes? That should be done every so often and then the motors themselves should last a long time. I have had one or two melt at the terminals but otherwise they have been fine.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Wet Spot,

Do the Air Shammees use Domel motors???

So far our Domel Motors from Windtrax have been OK with brush changes. I agree that it is better to monitor the brush hours ... we don't ... but that does not mean that we should not. Not sure on the # of hours ... I would think that it would be fairly consistent # of run time hours ... I am looking for at least a ball park number from somebody.

slash007

Reaction score
I find that if the brushes wear all the way out, then the motor and fuse both blow. I've had to change several motors for that reason. Whenever I try to just check the brushes, they usually still have alot of life left. I have yet to catch one before the motor goes out. Also, it's pretty annoying to take the covers of the Air Shammee and motors off to check, so that factors in to how often I do it.

David Rolf

Reaction score
Hello,

This is the only thread that speaks to hour meters for the Air Shammee II's. I'm looking for a part number and location to buy four hour meters for an upcoming installation. Kleen rite has some but are pricy and wish to get the right ones the first time. Any suggestions? Thanks

Wet Spot

Reaction score
Sorry never responded back, I get about 400 hours on a set of brushes. I use a marker and write hours on motor when brushes changed. Check every 6 months or so