What's new

Hit and Run hillbillys!!

dogwasher

Reaction score
Had a Pick up truck pulling a 18 foot toy hauler in my self serve bay. After washing 60lbs of dirt all over the bay and using the foam brush to sweep the dirt along the bed and then setting it on the bay floor, they proceeded to pull away and the wheel from the trailer ripped a hole section of brick wall (6'Wx10'H)about three inches from its mounts. The three hoodlums stopped after they heard the crash, looked, then pulled away. Got it all on camera except there plates. I did get a name off a credit card one of them used. Not sure what to do??

MEP001

Reaction score
Might as well give them that too, might help confirm it was them, but they can't do anything without either their name or their plate number.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
That would be called "hit & run," go straight to the police station with all the info you have.

jprb

Reaction score
Your credit card processor will have the full card information. You should have the transaction reference number. The police can use an investigative subpeona to get the owners information from the processor and the credit card company (M/C, Visa, etc). You might have to stay on the police to make sure something gets done. Call them regularly to see how the case is progressing (and so they don't forget about it). If you have a local TV station, you might try getting them out there and showing the damage and your video evidence on TV.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Had a Pick up truck pulling a 18 foot toy hauler in my self serve bay. After washing 60lbs of dirt all over the bay and using the foam brush to sweep the dirt along the bed and then setting it on the bay floor, they proceeded to pull away and the wheel from the trailer ripped a hole section of brick wall (6'Wx10'H)about three inches from its mounts. The three hoodlums stopped after they heard the crash, looked, then pulled away. Got it all on camera except there plates. I did get a name off a credit card one of them used. Not sure what to do??
You put their testicles in a vice and crank till they scream! Do us all a favor and make it as costly as you can for them. They made a mistake, we all do that, but they changed everything when they drove away. If you had no cameras of cc in your bays, you would be eating the damages, and that's exactly what they want you to do.

You might also take still shots of the video to area RV dealerships and ask them to contact you if they bring it in for repairs.

I had an RV transport service drive an RV under my SS bay, hitting the block on top of the bay opening. My cameras could tell that it was a Jayco with temp plates (new) and I was able to call the local Jayco dealership and identify it even before the driver arrived at their lot. Gotta have cameras!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Just the fact that it's an 18ft toy hauler full of mud tells you that they are likely running dirt bikes or ATVs. So some of the local clubs and trail users would likely know them right of the bat. So I would go both the police route and some of your own investigation.

Good luck and keep us posted! BigLeo

dogwasher

Reaction score
The police ran the name on the credit card and found the guy in the next town over!
He told the officer he was very sorry and wants to pay for it. Im waiting for the officer to finish the report and then he is going to have us get to together and be friends.
The wall hasn't fallen on anyone yet so Im still OK.

easywash

Reaction score
Congrats that's great news.

I recently caught a guy who smashed the touch screen of my teller with his fist.

The only way I caught him was by watching each and every angle I could find of him on my cameras... Then on my last view I saw him drive across the street and into the parking lot of the local pub.

I printed off a picture of him and went over the the pub. Everyone recognized him but would not give me his name so I handed the picture over to the police. They asked the bartender and within 15 minutes the "Criminal" was on the phone groveling for me not to press charges.

$500 in total damage but I got a total of $1875 out of him for my time, loss of business etc :)

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Since he left and wouldn't have been sorry if you hadn't of caught him, I wouldn't give him any break, get the best people in town to fix it right and give him the invoice.