What's new

"High Security Front" Fragramatics Vacuum Robbed

Etowah

toddmullens

Reaction score
We have had numerous new style Fragramatics vacuums robbed at 3 different locations within a 50 mile radius in central Arkansas by the same sorry piece of low life trash scum bag. He is slightly prying the metal around the housing for the medico plug lock about a 1/4 inch and inserting something in the gap to raise the latch that locks the door closed. Then shuts the door unlatched but closed so its hard to notice that anything happened. I would recommend pulling on the doors daily to see if it opens if you have this type of Fragramatics vacuum. Has anybody else experienced this type theft, and if so how did you reinforce the area around the lock housing to prevent it from happening again?

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
We have had numerous new style Fragramatics vacuums robbed at 3 different locations within a 50 mile radius in central Arkansas by the same sorry piece of low life trash scum bag. He is slightly prying the metal around the housing for the medico plug lock about a 1/4 inch and inserting something in the gap to raise the latch that locks the door closed. Then shuts the door unlatched but closed so its hard to notice that anything happened. I would recommend pulling on the doors daily to see if it opens if you have this type of Fragramatics vacuum. Has anybody else experienced this type theft, and if so how did you reinforce the area around the lock housing to prevent it from happening again?
Todd, here's here we secure most of our freestanding equipment including front load changers & vendors. We live in a rough neighborhood with our 5 locations!! But I feel your pain because they still try! :eek:

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I have two different doors on my fragramatices. I think my older ones are like yours. Had a similar problem. The door is recessed but has a part that is flush with the side of the cabinet that mates to the side cabinet. I drilled holes thru both pieces and and put a lock thru the holes. One one I have three locks. I will try to post a picture laters...I have not had a problem since. My newer vacs dont have the same type of mechanism. They have three separate hold downs that use the special key to turn.

toddmullens

Reaction score
I have two different doors on my fragramatices. I think my older ones are like yours. Had a similar problem. The door is recessed but has a part that is flush with the side of the cabinet that mates to the side cabinet. I drilled holes thru both pieces and and put a lock thru the holes. One one I have three locks. I will try to post a picture laters...I have not had a problem since. My newer vacs dont have the same type of mechanism. They have three separate hold downs that use the special key to turn.
Our older vacs have the 3 separate cam locks on the door and we haven't had any problems with those. The newer vacs have a latch that closes around pins that are on the door, I think there are 10 pins, this is the type of vacs that are being robbed. The picture shows the type that we have not had issue with

Last edited by a moderator:

MEP001

Reaction score
toddmullens said:
Sorry I don't know how to rotate the picture
If you look at it in the folder in thumbnail view, right-click on it and select "Rotate Clockwise".

For someone to have gotten in with doing so little damage, they must either work for Fragramatics or have worked at a car wash.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
I think MEP is right! Whoever is doing it is familiar with the locking device.

Todd is it possible to shoot a photo of the inside with the door open on that locking device. If you don't want to do that email a photo to me. I've got a few ideas on how that could be resolved!

toddmullens

Reaction score
If you look at it in the folder in thumbnail view, right-click on it and select "Rotate Clockwise".

For someone to have gotten in with doing so little damage, they must either work for Fragramatics or have worked at a car wash.
That's exactly what they said at Fragramatics. I sent them a picture of the guy. I put locks through the edge of the machine to wedge the door shut and have had some stainless washers made to go on the outside of the machine to prevent them from prying it up. Sorry I am doing this on an iPad and I went to the folder and viewed thumbnails, but no option to rotate. Must have to be on a PC to rotate the pictures

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
]Well I am going to attach my photo direct on this site...I had to use the option mentioned above because instead of coming in from the side like described here on my vac they were wedging open on the front just enough to lift up the slide bar that locks the cabinet. It is not pretty but fortunatly I only had to do it on my two oldest vacs as the other have the three separate ones shown in the other picture

View attachment 327

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You might consider putting a lock or 2 on the hinge side, you don't need them to start going in on that side.