What's new

High Pressure soap getting Diluted

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
We have a Ginsan ultimate stand for our SS bays, and more recently noticed that the high pressure soap option doesn't work as well as it used to. The hydrominder seems to work normal and when I manually start it, can tell that plenty of chemical is getting into the tank, and then it works fine in the bay. About a day later, the tank looks diluted and its hard to notice any chemical when spraying.

Any suggestions of what to look for here?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
We have a Ginsan ultimate stand for our SS bays, and more recently noticed that the high pressure soap option doesn't work as well as it used to. The hydrominder seems to work normal and when I manually start it, can tell that plenty of chemical is getting into the tank, and then it works fine in the bay. About a day later, the tank looks diluted and its hard to notice any chemical when spraying.

As I said in our emails, if you are certain the hydrominder is working correctly then there has to be water backfeeding into the soap tank. We plumb the soap/wax solenoids in backwards to prevent this so you have a soap solenoid failing. Now it's a matter of figuring out which bay. If running rinse does not clearly show it then you can either drain the soap tank to see the drain more clearly, shut off a bay at a time for a day or so to see which ones cause the tank to fill or not, or just shut the soap solenoid off to a bay at a time for a while.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Do you have a siphon break in the hose from the hydrominder that feeds your tank? If not, you could have a failing foot valve causing the problem.

washnvac

Reaction score
Or the hydrominder is not consistently drawing as it should. Or there could be fluctuating water pressure at times.

Bandit

Reaction score
Oh good, I always meant to ask. Is High Pressure Soap supposed to be "sudsy" ??? I tell customers its a non-suds soap. It will make a few tiny bubbles. Is that the extent of sudsing action of the soap ??

MEP001

Reaction score
You want a good appearance on your high pressure soap. I have a few customers who use HP soap that's nothing more than a foaming agent with some fragrance, and they claim their customers love it.

Randy

Reaction score
Oh good, I always meant to ask. Is High Pressure Soap supposed to be "sudsy" ??? I tell customers its a non-suds soap. It will make a few tiny bubbles. Is that the extent of sudsing action of the soap ??
What kind of soap are you using? Yes it should be sudsy in the bay so the customer can see the suds. I have mine coming out almost like spray paint, they really think there getting something.

Randy

Reaction score

Without being there and seeing what's going I'd only be guessing. You could have a bad check valve that allowing water to back feed into the tank. You could have a bad solenoid valve that's leaking by. I'd probably start with the checks.

Bandit

Reaction score
What kind of soap are you using? Yes it should be sudsy in the bay so the customer can see the suds. I have mine coming out almost like spray paint, they really think there getting something.
Let me check, thanks for reply.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Without being there and seeing what's going I'd only be guessing. You could have a bad check valve that allowing water to back feed into the tank. You could have a bad solenoid valve that's leaking by. I'd probably start with the checks.
I tried to see if any of the bays were backflowing, but I am going to have to drain the high pressure soap tank to see determine which one it is. We have been manually filling the tank pulling the hydrominder down and it works for a while, but after a day its diluted again.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Yesterday we drained the tank, and ran high pressure rinse in each bay for a couple minutes, and never saw any water backfilling. We took the hydrominder apart, cleaned and made sure it is working normal. When the tank refilled, everything worked normal. Will go back today to check to see that it is still functioning normal.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I'll ask again since you might have missed my post....

Do you have a siphon break in the hose from the hydrominder that feeds your tank? If not, you could have a failing foot valve causing the problem.
Hydrominders are not shipped with a syphon break in the hose from the hydrominder that fills the soap tank. Without the syphon break, if the foot valve fails, it allows mixed soap from your tank to syphon back into the bucket of soap. It might appear to be working right, but in essence, its just mixing diluted soap into the soap tank....Which just dilutes the tank mixture more and more over time...

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
I'll ask again since you might have missed my post....

Hydrominders are not shipped with a syphon break in the hose from the hydrominder that fills the soap tank. Without the syphon break, if the foot valve fails, it allows mixed soap from your tank to syphon back into the bucket of soap. It might appear to be working right, but in essence, its just mixing diluted soap into the soap tank....Which just dilutes the tank mixture more and more over time...
My apologies I thought I did reply. We do have the syphon break in all of our hoses. I guess I haven't looked closely enough at our foot valve though to make sure. I suspected that it was working fine, since when we manually fill the tank pulling down on the hyrdominder float, the tank fills with good chemical mixture and works great in the bay.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
If you have siphon breaks and if you have a failing foot valve, you should see air or no soap in the feed hose to the hydrominder. If the hose is discolored to where you can't see through it, I suggest you change it out and test the FV in the process. These poly hoses get hard over time and sometimes causes the hose to leak at the FV. Another place to look for failure.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you have siphon breaks and if you have a failing foot valve, you should see air or no soap in the feed hose to the hydrominder. If the hose is discolored to where you can't see through it, I suggest you change it out and test the FV in the process. These poly hoses get hard over time and sometimes causes the hose to leak at the FV. Another place to look for failure.
FWIW whenever I replace the foot valve or the entire hose, I remove the metal "clamp" and use a zip tie really tight to secure the foot valve.