What's new

Help with Issue on D&S Super 5000 Soap Application

Supwash

Reaction score
Having an issue with a Super 5000 wash system. The presoak and other soap are no longer coming out of all nozzles at full pressure(only driver side spinners and the first half of overhead nozzles). The passenger side barely mists during the wash cycle. Lots of pressure/water out of all nozzles during HP Rinse but not when soaps are being dispensed.

Any suggestions?

MEP001

Reaction score
Does it use a separate pump for the presoak or does it run the Cat pump at a low RPM?

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure it's fully primed. They are almost impossible to get primed without disconnecting the outlet from the pump. I used to service a bunch of original 5000s, and I would add a union to the outlet for priming and servicing the solenoids.

Strava

Reaction score
Make sure it's fully primed. They are almost impossible to get primed without disconnecting the outlet from the pump. I used to service a bunch of original 5000s, and I would add a union to the outlet for priming and servicing the solenoids.
I'm new so please excuse the dumb question. Does it not prime the pump when you turn the water on to the pump? I just changed a pump out and having the same issue as this guy. It's a bitch to get this pump out but if you think it not being properly primed then I'm going to take it out and make sure that it's primed.

MEP001

Reaction score
It depends on where the water comes from. If you disconnect the outlet and water doesn't flow out pretty fast just under gravity, it may not fully prime just by running it. I usually have to leave the outlet disconnected and pulse it on for a second at a time, usually four or five times, before it finally pushes the air out and comes up to pressure. It's actually harder to prime if the pump is mounted with the outlet down.

Strava

Reaction score
[QUOTE="MEP001
[/QUOTE]

thanks for the feedback. I'm going down the d&s 5000 rabbit hole trying to figure out my issues. If I cant figure it out I'll be posting more :p

Strava

Reaction score
This is what my tri foam is looking like now any advice?

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
My 5000 was doing something similar, the chemical had skimmed over the screen on the bottom of the mixing tank.

Strava

Reaction score
great idea, I'll check that tomorrow.