What's new

help with G5 Laser wash settings

Etowah

Jager

Reaction score
We are new to the car wash business. We took it over in Jan 08 and just can't seem to get the wash settings right. We had the company that does the repair work come in and also the soap rep and do the settings in an attempt to get a better more efficient wash. We are running a two step soap. 1st the acid and then the alkalied. We stopped using thier soap and went back to the vendor that originaly supplied the previous owner. We just cant seem to get the right settings and tips. We also seem to be using way too much of the spot free water that the tank runs low on a good day for us thats about 100-130 washes. we offer 4 types of washes
#1--under body and tire blaster #2same but no triple foam
Acid pre soak
Idle
alkalide soap #3 no trip foam and no Wax no tire blaster
Ilde
High pres wash
trip foam polish #4 no trip foam no wax not dry no tire blaste
High prss rinse
High press wax
High press spot free
Blow dryer

We are using a red tip for the acid and alkalide soaps

We have been unable to get rid of the window mask also

anyone with any sugestions on what settings to use for the wash selections or where to get them would be greatly appriciated. I know this is a lot to ask and more info is probably needed but anything would be of help. I have learned now to wright down the previous settings before I change anything but now I have things so screwd up we don't know where to go for help the service reps and techs from the company that repairs our G5 is over a hundred miles away and have not been of much help. And thier costs are hurting us.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of different theories about applying soap. I prefer to apply the high PH first, and then follow up with the low PH. As far as tips to dilute with, there can be differences from machine to machine dependent on type of pump, pressure fed, tank fed, and the amount of resistance in the line after the pump. ( length of hose, or how clogged up the foamer pad is) Another consideration in determining which tip, is the initial concentration of soap. You can use the recommended dilution ratio as a starting point.

The best way to figure out which tip to use, is to check the PH of the chemical on the surface of the car. Whichever chemical you apply second, with have to be stronger, because it will need to neutralize the first soap applied.

As a general rule of thumb, high PH cleans paint, and the low PH cleans glass and chrome.

MEP001

Reaction score
You're probably not using too much spot free water - you're more than likely not making enough or don't have enough capacity. If you have the room, bigger or more tanks would be less expensive than upgrading the RO system.

You will never be able to completely clean the windshield "eyebrow" with a touch-free. If you're doing 100-130 cars on a good day, it seems your customers are happy with the performance.

KleenServices

Reaction score
Questions: what was the previous chemical company used and what was the problem with it? what are you using now and what changes have you made since you change chemical companies?

There are many variables to take into account when it comes to cleaning a car. Look at your cycle speeds (maybe too fast), pump pressures, tip sizes (too small / too big, more is not always better), dryer speeds and lastly the products that you are putting on the car!

Jager

Reaction score
thank you all for the info I will try and start from the begining once again and let you know how I make out. Thanks again