What's new

Help. Ryco Monarch II Repair

Amus

Reaction score
I’m currently attempting to repair a Ryco Monarch II. The gantry would not respond to any inputs at the manual positioning controller, so I replaced the VF Drive (FR-Z024-1.5K-UL). After replacement I can drive the gantry forward but not back, rotate arm one direction but not the other, and trolly will not respond. I can hear the contacts engaging but gantry does not respond. I cannot track down any service/parts manuals online so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great appreciated. This machine is needing a lot of general parts replaced and love.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If you replaced your VFD, did you program it? When you manually drive the machine, are you using the enable switch? If it's just not changing directions, I'd suspect that relay K3 may not be functioning correctly as this controls direction. If you didn't program the new VFD, and if the relay is OK, please send me the serial number of the machine, and the program that is currently installed. If you look at the PLC, you will see a small door where the EEPROM would be installed. Please PM me the info and I'll see what I can provide to help