What's new

HELP! PDQ LW4000 VT Error: "out of sync. wash has started but vt has not"

EZ Washer

Reaction score
I have removed a 2nd hand Laser 4000 and reinstalled it at a new site. We've had numerous issues getting it to function but we've overcome most of them.

Presently the wash is washing the maximum envelope and the VT board is showing the message: "out of sync. wash has started but vt has not".

Does anyone have any clues as to what on earth is going on (this time..) with the LW/VT?

This is driving me insane! Help is desperately needed!

Mike

Reaction score
The VT is not getting a start or stop signal from the Drive Fwd sign.
There is a relay Y10 that operates with the drive fwd sign.
When the drive fwd sign (Output Y10) is on it trips the relay casusing an input on the vt to activate thus starting the wash cycle in the vt.
Call me at the factory if you have further questions.

EZ Washer

Reaction score
The VT is not getting a start or stop signal from the Drive Fwd sign.
There is a relay Y10 that operates with the drive fwd sign.
When the drive fwd sign (Output Y10) is on it trips the relay casusing an input on the vt to activate thus starting the wash cycle in the vt.
Call me at the factory if you have further questions.
Hi Mike,
So the Output Y10 (d.f.s.) *should* have a connection to the input on the VT? This is probably meant to be in the wall/roof mounted J-box?

When the install team for the new M5 removed the LW4000 most cables were simply sheared thru. The entire light box is disconnected and cut off at the J-box (J1?) where the festoon cables terminate. We're activating a set of 12v/50w downlights via output board Y10-17. Works fine. Door opening and closing is controlled from here too.

Thought the activate button on the VY board was staying on so removed the board to inspect and the IC chip fell clean out it's base into my hand!! Needless to say it's firmly soldered in now (sure it defeats the purpose of the push in base....). IC is ver 2.1, main computer is 18c (I think).

Can't get the Y43 to turn off either after a wash - nullifying our entry system. Obviously this is caused by the above initial problem?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Ian D.

lag

Reaction score
There is a little yellow 110 volt relay in your j0 box(where all the controls are).

The relay is powered from output y10 ,and when the relay makes it sends a signal through the relay to your VT input connector. The signal is 24dc+

On your vt board the wire is #5 ,on the lower right group of wires(labeled J3). There are 8 wires on that connector ,if that helps explain it better.

All the wiring ,and relays are located in the j0.

EZ Washer

Reaction score
Have reattached the input to #6 (you almost had it, lag ;) ) and the VT is now in sync!! Have been trying to square this problem away now with the (greatly appreciated) assistance of Prowash and territory partner Carwashworld for over 3weeks now. Sadly there's just not enough VT experience onhand locally.

We didn't want 240v lights in the wash bay, so changed to 12v/50w system and in our inexperience simply removed the light outputs from the Output board, not paying any attention to additional services these outputs provided.

Last problem: Y43 will not turn off. So the entry system is sitting, waiting, snoozing, waiting for the escrow to turn off (or on, whatever). Now I have a LW4000 that does a good wash but wont take the customer's money and hence can't make a dime afterhours.

The PLC says:
On:
X15 - arch home
X16 - " "
X30 - width measure
X33 - emergency stop
X37 - speed controller - overload

Y41 - sensor beam power - reverse
Y43 - wash circuit enable
Y45 - weep valve

Seems the vt/plc has no idea that the car has left the washbay, and goes into protection mode of sorts; the weep valve is on to protect against frost I presume, sensor beam is waiting for the car to bust thru.

This is the same Y41 that acurately detects the car during the wash cycle, but is now somehow lost when the wash is completed.

Maybe there's another light output Y10-Y17 that's meant to go to the VT?

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I do not see front limit or left limit on in your list.

What auto cashier do you have? I would check the POS protocol, as they need to be the same. ( wash in use, or wash completed)

lag

Reaction score
Either your porotcol needs to be corrected in the ACW ,or

The system option number needs to be changed in your LW controller ,or

wiring from the J0 to the ACW is incorrect.

Best thing to do maybe to contact the guys at PDQ ,and let them walk you through the steps to correct it

I am assuming you are simply using the free wash option from the LW to trip your wash.

The VT is not hooked up with the Telller system.

Sorry about sending you to the wrong wire,I was guessing ,and should have told you so(LOL) :p

EZ Washer

Reaction score
I do not see front limit or left limit on in your list.

What auto cashier do you have? I would check the POS protocol, as they need to be the same. ( wash in use, or wash completed)
Very good point :confused:

The entry sys will activate the wash correctly ONLY after the Y43 has been entinguished either via 100 E 1 E, removing the relay, or system reset (which doesn't always work).

The entry sys is an Anztec note/coin/card machine - very popular in Australia for this purpose.

EZ Washer

Reaction score
OK, Mike is thinking that the wrong option number is in play. Since it's 1:40am here atm, I'm going back to bed and will investigate with vigour in several hours :D

Thank you everyone for your assistance and ideas - that's why I really like this Forum. Cheers.

EZ Washer

Reaction score
HURRAY! It's all working!

Now have the correct option number, the one in the unit was invalid, so now I can actually generate income afterhours and leave the site to get lunch, spare parts, tools, etc etc. It's great having my life back.

Huge "thanks" to Mike for chasing down this info for me, and a big thanks to the other members who've chimed in here.

After rebuilding this LW4000 almost completely, building custom rails and mounts, modifying my existing pumpstand, rewiring my entire self serve system when the old PLC needed to be relocated, relocated an MSB, new stainless manifold from pump stand to bay, rebuilt the washbay entrance, and so on and so on, I think I've earned a holiday or at least another 100 autos a week :D