What's new

Hello Carwash version of the SharkTank

APW

Reaction score
He's telling me it does *wink wink nod nod* I didnt want to pay that game so I'm going to base my offer solely off his tax returns. I'm figuring for the worst and hoping for the best.
This is why I don't skim my earnings so when I sell them one day I can command top dollar! A bank won't loan money on winks and promises.

jfmoran

Reaction score
This is why I don't skim my earnings so when I sell them one day I can command top dollar! A bank won't loan money on winks and promises.
Exactly!

JLanman

Reaction score
@ Mac Thank you for responding
How well does the wash clean? I'll do the towel test tomorrow!

Do the self serve bays all have good show and smell? Bays look good and smell good. The current owner really does keep up with the cleanliness and maintenance, but I think he's just apathetic about marketing and promotion. He's owned it for a while and set in his ways.
The auto definitely needs a blower. I asked him about this and he said that there is room for one. He mentioned he was quoted $15/20k to get one installed. I would absolutely install one if I purchase.

Ways to increase volume would mostly be a wash membership program. Can you advice me on the top three money acceptors to look at? I need to find out if the Hamilton that's there will handle stuff like this. I'm thinking it's dated. A was in the next town over has a Portal ti+. I like that it's easy to navigate touch screen. I'll check out the Touch4Wash.
Thank you for the suggestions. : )
Strava,
Sorry, late to the party. Let me know if I can answer any questions about the Touch4Wash system.
Jim

DavidM

Reaction score
Did the seller accept your offer? I'm not too far from Muncy, saw it come up for sale and did a drive by but just a little too far away from us. If you buy it and have any questions, feel free to message me.

Strava

Reaction score
Did the seller accept your offer? I'm not too far from Muncy, saw it come up for sale and did a drive by but just a little too far away from us. If you buy it and have any questions, feel free to message me.
He Countered, but I'm sure we will come to an agreement. The wash is a perfect fit for me & I think it's a pretty simple operation so it will be a good "starter" wash to learn the business. I'm thinking we will end up around $$275sih. Probably a little overpriced, but I'm willing to roll the dice on it. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to ask you questions. I'm sure I'll have plenty to post about on the forums here in the future. I think I'll just spend the next few months learning the ropes then I'll look to doing upgrades that I have in mind.

coinless

Reaction score
Hi Strava! I would love to hear any updates on your purchase. Did it go through? Also, I hope you've considered an app that will improve your customer experience and give you customer data and a marketing platform all at once. That's what we're here for. Coinless works with all pre-existing equipment--no need to buy an expensive new pay station. And we own and have updated self-serve and automatic car washes ourselves, so we understand the challenges that come with an acquisition.

Best of luck on your car wash adventure! We hope to hear from you soon.

www.coinlessmobile.com

Last edited:
Reaction score
He Countered, but I'm sure we will come to an agreement. The wash is a perfect fit for me & I think it's a pretty simple operation so it will be a good "starter" wash to learn the business. I'm thinking we will end up around $$275sih. Probably a little overpriced, but I'm willing to roll the dice on it. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to ask you questions. I'm sure I'll have plenty to post about on the forums here in the future. I think I'll just spend the next few months learning the ropes then I'll look to doing upgrades that I have in mind.
Hey Strava! Glad to hear you're in the purchase process and hope all works out for the best for you. This forum is a great place to learn and ask questions about all things car wash!
Would love to hear what you currently have in place at your wash for payment systems and see if WashCard or UWashApp would be able to help. Feel free to reach out and ask questions at any time! We've been in the industry for 30 years and have lots of experience with new owners and creating a great experience for you, and for your customers!