What's new

Heated Water for IBA

Joswhaha

Reaction score
I didn’t feel like there was a great benefit but thought I could be missing something. I am going to advertise the heck out of the fact that I have hot water soap and wax though. I have been telling everyone it is coming soon and it seems like everyone felt it was a big positive….or they were just being nice.

On my Jim Coleman self serve there is a hot water tank but it is going to be cold in the mornings, has anyone run a pipe back to the storage tank with a circulation pump to keep this water hot?

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I think hot, or at least heated water for soap and wax are a must in cold climates.
My incoming city water is in the mid 40-degree range over the winter. I keep my self-serve functions (other than rinse) at 85 degrees all year. My IBA is about 110-120 for presoak and wax all year.

Just my preference. I'm sure some people keep it warmer or cooler.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
For the second part of your question, I don't have heaters in my soap, wax or low-pressure mixing /storage tanks. Mine only hold a couple of gallons, so it's only a few seconds before they mix with the warm water in the mornings or on slow days between customers.

MEP001

Reaction score
There's usually an immersion heater in them, or at least a port for one. I would add one to keep it hot rather than try to pump water back into the heated water.

The tank is pretty small, and the water will get heated pretty quick from the incoming water. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.