What's new

Hanging Bay signs on block walls

Kirb

Reaction score
I?m putting up new bay signs and wanted to know what?s the best way to secure the signs to block walls? They are currently mounted with nylon tapit anchor (part NB0225) from Kleen Rite. What?s the best way to remove the old nylon tapits that have been there for 15+ years?
Thanks,
Kirb

jprb

Reaction score
A hammer and flat pry bar work fine to get out the old nylon anchors. If the anchor breaks off, you can drill out the nylon with a drill.

I use the nylon anchors you've mentioned and also the blue plastic anchors and hex head screws. If you're change signs often, I'd use the hex screws since the anchors can be reused.

JPRB

Kirb

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

JPRB,
Where can I buy the blue plastic anchors and hex head screws. Is there a kit or do I buy separately?
Thanks again,
Kirb

MEP001

Reaction score
Kirb said:
Where can I buy the blue plastic anchors and hex head screws. Is there a kit or do I buy separately?
You can get them at any hardware store, and there are kits. I go to a bolt supply and get stainless screws, doesn't cost much more and they look much nicer and never rust.

jprb

Reaction score
I don't remember the brand, but the anchors I bought at Lowe's seem to work the best. They grip the hole well and don't break apart. They can be purchased at any hardware store or lumber yard. They are bought seperately from the screws. I think the screws I have are 1" or 1 1/2".

JPRB