What's new

Hamilton Goldline

thepoundwash

Reaction score
We just replaced our hamilton goldline in an older oval track automatic. The old box worked for years until the acw got fried. We only have 2 washes on our automatic so keep that in mind. The Hamilton will accept the money on the first wash and let you choose a wash. Once you are done with the wash and pull out of the automatic the Hamilon will accept the waiting cars money and say the wash is still in use. Even tho the automatic was is clear. The Hamilton has the A B C wiring column on it. For some reason it is not resetting. Any ideas?

JLanman

Reaction score
Sounds like the paystation is holding the wash in queue and waiting for the wash equipment to indicate that it is clear and ready for the next wash. Does this happen every time?
Have you checked to ensure the wash in use signal from the wash to the paystation is functioning properly. I would start there. The paystation should be looking for a signal from the wash to let it know that the wash is ready for the next signal. This can be a signal that is on when the wash is actually in use and off all other times or it could be an escrow signal, meaning it is on all the time and blips off for a couple seconds once a wash completes and the machine resets. If this signal is not operating correctly, it will not advance the wash from the paystation.

Hope this helps.

thepoundwash

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! The automatic has reset but the paystation has not. I'm leaning toward some wires being in the wrong places. The old paystation the inhibit was #9 and #10. The new one says it's C5 and C6. The photos I attached is the old paystation that worked just fine

Attachments

JLanman

Reaction score
Sounds like this could be the issue. Have you checked the Synchronization switch? Not sure what IBA you are running, but depending on how your signal behaves, you may need to change this setting to match. Also attached the ACW4 manual from Hamilton.
1674403577229.png

Attachments

Etowah

thepoundwash

Reaction score
Sounds like this could be the issue. Have you checked the Synchronization switch? Not sure what IBA you are running, but depending on how your signal behaves, you may need to change this setting to match. Also attached the ACW4 manual from Hamilton.
View attachment 7643
Yea I've looked up and down that manual and get somewhat the idea of what needs to be done but still unsuccessful. The old pay station the inhibit wires were 9 and 10. The new one goes on C5 C6. Yet the previous pay box was wired a bit different. I'll post a pic of the new pay station were having trouble with.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
You've got a problem with the CI relay. You might want to check the voltage of your CI relay on your old ACW-4 and see what the voltage is on that CI relay and make sure the CI relay on the Goldline is the same.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Assuming the relay that is lit up on the old ACW-4 is the cycle inhibit relay, it is 120v and the CI relay in the Goldline is 24VDC