What's new

Hamilton Changer Issue

mcarter1990

Reaction score
Hello again its me.....

Last night I notice my changer wasn't taking any dollars. Now it worked a week ago and had cash in it. But last night no cash.....or change. So I looked inside and noticed that the bill validator was flashing. I I took bill box and validator out and didn't notice anything wrong. The coin bucket is working, I can hit the feed switch and money is coming out. I turned the power off a couple times and still nothing?

This is a SS type.

Not sure what to look for or correct.

IMG_0863.jpg IMG_0214.jpg

Randy

Reaction score
A little more information would be helpful. Is it dual validator/hopper changer? What model validators does it have installed? Did you have any quarters/tokens/coins in the Hopper or was it totally empty? You say you turned On the Hopper dump switch on the bottom of the Hopper and it worked, did you have to plug in the Hopper switch dump switch disconnect to run the Hopper? What was the flash code on the controller (that’s the Green LED) on the front of the controller?

mcarter1990

Reaction score
A little more information would be helpful. Is it dual validator/hopper changer? What model validators does it have installed? Did you have any quarters/tokens/coins in the Hopper or was it totally empty? You say you turned On the Hopper dump switch on the bottom of the Hopper and it worked, did you have to plug in the Hopper switch dump switch disconnect to run the Hopper? What was the flash code on the controller (that’s the Green LED) on the front of the controller?
Sorry, Single hopper. The validator is a Hamilton I think. The validator is Stainless steel. The bill hopper is Stainless steel too. The coin hopper is full. I turn the toggle switch on and it was vending quarters, But not on bills. Dump switch? This might be the same as toggle switch. The flash code was red on the side of validator where the dip switch are. It looked like a L or a P.

mcarter1990

Reaction score
So I got it fixed today!! There is a red reset button on the top and I pushed it and things are working again. Thank you for everyone's help!