What's new

Hamilton ACW

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Questions, questions, questions....

I am currently working on getting an auto installed. I am trying to do my due diligence on the ACW's. I have talked to several people at Hamilton who have been very helpful. I really want to hear from some operators.

My competition all run the baseline hamilton goldline. Opinions on this unit?

I like the idea of the goldline plus since I could dispense a vacuum token with my top wash (for examplet). I don't like the fact that I can't accept tokenotes :( Opinions on this unit?

The HTK is a solid looking unit. I would have to hear some rave reviews to justify the expense of putting this one in. I like the idea of the fleet business, and the other cross marketing tools....but that's a lot of dough. Opinions on this unit?

I know I have been asking a ton of questions lately and really appreciate all the great responses.

Thanks!

Mitch

Reaction score
If you go with Hamilton, GET THE GRAPHIC DISPLAY. It is everything it is cracked up to be. It is not a touchpad, but it is a dang good display that can be seen in direct sunlight. No experience with the Plus but have heard good things about the HTK.

MEP001

Reaction score
I know someone who is installing the Goldline Plus for the token-dispensing option, and I think it will help business a great deal. People really like a little "extra" the competition doesn't offer.

We run a Goldline, and it's been nearly flawless in over five years. We started out with the HVX validator but changed to Mars when it started getting strung.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks!

I got bad news that they won't offer me financing for the auto that I want to put in :(

More time to focus on the self serve.

mac

Reaction score
Mitch, you beat me to the punchline. Since I was repremanded recently for NOT saying I sell for Magic Wand in FL, I thought this was a good time to say it. We have two units that are being financed by them.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bubbles:

I was turned down a few times before securing financing.

The best entrepreneurs I know are tenacious and rarely let roadblocks slow them down when pursuing an idea they know will cash flow.

I'd simply take this as a signal to re-vamp your pro formas for the project, shop around for equipment more as well as banks/financing options.

I don't think it's as much a signal to pull back from the idea as is is to re-formulate and hone the idea. It's what I did and it worked.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Waxman. I actually am looking around for a used machine right now and I am suprised at how many there actually are.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well, if you found a used machine that you could set up properly and have serviced locally or learn yourself I don't see how you'd go wrong. Things to get, IMO: spot free rinse, separate lp pump for presoaks and foam polish, virtual treadle and free standing blowers w/photoeye shutdown option.

New $100k+. Used $18k. Even when you add in transport and install and ancillaries you'd be ahead.

Look at Carwashguy's blog. I think he put in a used Water Wizard with the help of a knowledgeable industry veteran and it looks pretty good to me.

I also have a Hamilton goldline and I accept bills, credit cards, tokens and quarters and give change in quarters. Love this machine.