What's new

Guy hits building going through dryer

lag

Reaction score
Last week an "older guy" is driving out of the bay , going through the dryer. He sideswipes his Lexus on our building,going through the doorway. No damage to the building because it is precast. He stops his car in the exit doorway,gets out ,and asks "who is going to pay for the damage to my car?"
I say call your insurance company.

He then calls police,and won't move his car until they arrive, blocking the bay.
Police arrive, he goes off about the damage to his car , the cop without missing a beat tells him basically that the building,she is pretty sure did not move causing the damage to his car. He finally moves his car, watches another car going through a dryer,and leaves.

After he leaves, I tell the cop I wasn't sure weather too laugh about the guy,or to feel sorry for him.

soapy

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen about 6 months ago when a guy forgot to put his car in park and got out to do something in front of the automatic bay. The car rolled forward and hit the entrance door. He started yelling at my son saying who is going to pay for this damage to his car. My son looked at him for a second and said "You are, your the one that did it."

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Soapy, sounds like you raised your son right! When these things happen you must make a proper assessment and stick to your guns. Indecision is seen as weakness and an open door to the false claims. Any time equipment or buildings are hit you should always put it back on the driver that they need not worry about their car, they need to worry about the damage they caused to your property. Even if there are no visual signs of property damage there could be extensive and expensive internal or structural damage. This table turning is totally legit and usually stops any litigation or complaints right away (I know for the most part I am preaching to the choir but I think this is a great way to make people responsible for their own actions).