What's new

GT 300 Low Pressure

waterboy

Reaction score
I have a Mark 7 gt 300 leaving swirl pattern on the sides of vehicles because of low pressure. Side wand pressure is at 500 and top boom pressure is at 750. Side wand is usually 750 to 800 and top boom is usually 1000. Does anyone know how to distinguish if its the Cat 1540 pump causing the problem or the nozzles. I have fought this problem before and its usually the nozzles but i just replaced them 6 months ago, I run reclaim by the way and usually get a good year at least out of the nozzles. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I have gto 300. I assume they have the same pump only difference is that the pump is off board. Have you tried to adjust the regulator. I usually run my top and side nozzles at 1000psi. In order to get them closer I run 1 size bigger top outside nozzles. This brings down the top boom pressure closer to side nozzles, then I adjust up the regulator back to 1000psi. I can't imagine you only get a year out of your nozzles.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I don't have Mark VII equipment, but the condition you are describing usually is a blown hose on my equipment. Sometimes in an area where you can't see the hose.

waterboy

Reaction score
Update

Thanks for all the replies. Rebuilt cat pump ( high pressure seals were shot ) and now pressure is 1450 on top and 1000 on sides. Happy Hoildays.:)