What's new

Google Business Listing /Page

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you haven't done so yet, you should go online and claim ownership of your google business page. Once you do this, you can create ( for free) a website from the google business page. From there, it is easy to post specials, events, pics and video.

You can see your stats easily so you will know how many people find you thru google.

Pretty cool and FREE!

Mine: https://house-of-wax.business.site/

wyatt

Reaction score
Also, make sure to verify your business so you can respond to customers and reviews.

soonermajic

Reaction score
What if you have eashes with same name, in separate towns?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would try and put your multiple locations on the one google business page. A question for Google maybe...

MEP001

Reaction score
I know that a chain of stores named the same will show up as multiple pin points on the map. There may be a way to do that yourself, but it doesn't seem necessary for car washes in different cities. The main thing is to get it to show up in a search for "car wash."

I need to get mine registered, problem is they need to confirm by phone or by mailing a postcard that you return, but there's no land line and no place to receive mail.

wyatt

Reaction score
I know that a chain of stores named the same will show up as multiple pin points on the map. There may be a way to do that yourself, but it doesn't seem necessary for car washes in different cities. The main thing is to get it to show up in a search for "car wash."

I need to get mine registered, problem is they need to confirm by phone or by mailing a postcard that you return, but there's no land line and no place to receive mail.
Do a video call with Google. They can verify you that way. None of my washes have a mail box or phone #.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Do a video call with Google. They can verify you that way. None of my washes have a mail box or phone #.
Be careful with that.

I just now went through their ridiculous process of waiting on a mailed verification post card which, of course, never came because I don't get mail at my SS. So I signed up for the Google verify video call from my pump room, and unfortunately got connected to someone in Bangladesh that had ZERO idea what a SS car wash is. He said my pump room wasn't an office and because I couldn't show an office, they denied me a listing. Google policy now says that only businesses with actual offices or storefronts can be verified and listed. I walked him around the property (by video) and tried to show him that it was an actual business, but he was a goat herder, or maybe a rice farmer, and didn't understand. So I remain unverified.

True story.

You'd be better off attaching a mailbox to your pump room door and bribing your local mail carrier to deliver the mailed postcard if/when it arrives.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have a locked mailbox on the front of my door at all 3 of my locations and for some reason at 1 location i can not get the stupid postcard. Its such a horrible system Google has in place to verify your listing and really has no other option to help is verify Our listing

KleanRide

Reaction score
Its such a horrible system Google has in place to verify your listing and really has no other option to help is verify Our listing
Agreed, and made worse by the fact that you’ll never speak to a google employee that resides in our hemisphere.

bert79

Reaction score
So for us the verification process was very simple. We put up a mailbox on the equip room door and address numbers above it. We get almost no mail there except some junk bc the business address is actually different than the wash. They sent the postcard to the wash and we were verified. It has been one of the beat forms of advertising. Google analytics is very helpful and thousands of people have found us via google maps. Totally worth the mailbox and address numbers.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have considered getting a P.O. box and then have mail addressed to the car wash forwarded to that. I suspect the post card not showing up is because the route person is too lazy to figure out where this new place is and throws it away.

KleanRide

Reaction score
I have considered getting a P.O. box and then have mail addressed to the car wash forwarded to that. I suspect the post card not showing up is because the route person is too lazy to figure out where this new place is and throws it away.
That might work. Kind of like the fake town of Rockridge in Blazing Saddles?

wyatt

Reaction score
I was denied once too if I remember right. What I ended up doing was getting business cards and utility bills and showed them those as well. They accepted after that.