What's new

Good Vending Item For Glassfronts

washme1

Reaction score
I had been offering a 12" x 12" micro fiber drying towel for $2 from one of the catalogues in my glassfront vendor with limited success. I noticed that Costco offered a 36 pack of 16" x 16" micro fiber towels (not individually packaged) for $14.99, exactly half of what I was paying and of course no shipping expense. I bought some ziplock sandwich bags, had my daughter help me make some 2" x 4" labels on the computer stating the same bullet points which appeared on the front of the package. I'm selling at least 5 times as many units at $1.50 vend price and making the same gross profit.

MEP001

Reaction score
I was selling the terry towels from Sam's for 50? each, and sold lots of them, but I was washing and folding them. I switched to a bulk surgical towel and sell those for $1.00 - at first sales dropped a bit but the net profit was still more. Over the last six months the sales have dropped off so much that I'm now convinced it was a bad idea. Only problem now is that I was never able to find any type of cloth towel that I could just pop in the vendor and sell for 50?, so the choices are to go back to the very labor intensive method, make almost no sales or to sell the surgical towels at cost.

Louise

Reaction score
I buy in bulk from Costco also. I print out labels, wrap the label around the towel
and tape. My 5 year old actually does alot of the work. It is worth the hour or so sitting in front of the tv, folding and wrapping. No big deal.