What's new

Good Tire / Engine cleaner from Kleen-Rite

soonermajic

Reaction score
Which tire & or Engine cleaner would you guys recommend from Kleen-Rite?
I've been using Kleen White, $57 makes 15 gallons, & it does ok. Customers do love the Green color. I'm looking for something more powerful, but don't wanna break the bank...

HCW

Reaction score
Which tire & or Engine cleaner would you guys recommend from Kleen-Rite?
I've been using Kleen White, $57 makes 15 gallons, & it does ok. Customers do love the Green color. I'm looking for something more powerful, but don't wanna break the bank...
I use the same stuff but I don't mix it with 10 gal of water. It works great

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use the Kleen White as Well. I will have to check dilution. I think I am using ultra lean tips on this one so I do not add watter.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Any other suggestions? Seems like the Kleen White might be pretty good after all...

MEP001

Reaction score
I mix a Scotch Plaid powder and liquid product into a 55 gallon drum to get a very strong cleaner that doesn't harm any finish.

[video=youtube;YaY4vygsxAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaY4vygsxAQ[/video]

soonermajic

Reaction score
Which Scotch Plaid powder & which liquid? It ain't illegal to say, is it? Ha

MEP001

Reaction score
I would mix 50 pounds of Presto Powder and two 5-gallon pails of Dyna-Pac Minty Green liquid tire cleaner in a 55-gallon barrel. Hot water makes it dissolve easier, but I made an impeller that I bolted to a 1/4" piece of all-thread and chucked into my drill to mix it with cold, and it dissolved easily and never settled out.

It's pretty expensive, but it works very well and the drum lasts 4-5 months.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I just got my KR Klean White wheel and tire clean container delivered this afternoon says a final dilution ration of 60-90:1 and to use a Blue or Tan tip! I thought this was ultra-concentrated as I'm going to be pulling straight from the container up to the hydrominder if I put it on that strong I'm afraid I'll find customers passed away on the floor if they get this blown in their faces. I hear it' has a "strong" green color.

MEP001

Reaction score
I just got my KR Klean White wheel and tire clean container delivered this afternoon says a final dilution ration of 60-90:1 and to use a Blue or Tan tip! I thought this was ultra-concentrated as I'm going to be pulling straight from the container up to the hydrominder if I put it on that strong I'm afraid I'll find customers passed away on the floor if they get this blown in their faces. I hear it' has a "strong" green color.
You're going to be disappointed in the performance. It definitely has a strong green color though.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
OMG the green color is unbelievably insane but it smells like 2000 flushes toilet bowl cleaner not spearmint, I started with the recommended 60:1 and I had to go down in the tip size customers would confuse this with spraying antifreeze on their vehicle it's that's strong in color and smell. I tried it on a customer's wheels that had heavy brake dust on them and it came off no problem. Doesn't Simonize make KR's chemicals?

soonermajic

Reaction score
60:1 is AFTER its mixed with 10 more gal of water!! That is some STOUT stuff, @ 60:1 & not mixed.
It's performance @ recommended dilution is not very good though...we used to go about 42:1...or something like that.

MEP001

Reaction score
I tried it on a customer's wheels that had heavy brake dust on them and it came off no problem.
That's good - I've seen the stuff used at a number of washes but it doesn't do anything. They may be diluting it too much.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I went straight from the container to the hydrominder because I was afraid it would separate with 10 gallons of water then diluted even more going through the hydrominder.