What's new

Good News For Unitec WSII Owners

Micah Savell

***** member since 2001
Reaction score
Bill, if this was not so important to so many members of the forum who have experienced credit card problems I would have only posted it to the manufacturers section. However, to operators who are losing money daily I felt it was important to get the news out and let them know that Unitec has just released a dual sided card reader and it is doing a great job.

Since I have been such a harsh critic of Unitec, I feel it is only fair to give them accolades for this new reader. We began testing two units last September in one of our washes. Our card rejection rated dropped from in excess of 38% to 9-11%. We are delighted with them and intend to install them at all our locations. These new readers are certainly more customer friendly!

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Mical,
Would you care to let us in on the pricing and what is involved in the installation, recently installed new CC reader and was aware of this new reader at that time.
Thanks for the heads up.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As most of you may already know, Unitec has been working on an upgraded, dual head card reader for the WashSelect II. The release of this product is now and all newly built WSII’s will now come with this as standard equipment.

If need to upgrade an existing WSII from the old Neuron to the new Panasonic card reader, you will need to order the following item(s):

Part # Description Retail Price

KT1797 WSII-Panasonic Card Reader upgrade $375

Includes card reader, board, and new mounting hardware

WS2SW WSII Software $349*

*Note for software, if any site getting this upgrade is running software versions 3.9 or lower, they will need to upgrade the software also. If the version in the WSII is 4.00 or higher, it will work with the existing software.

This upgrade will require your techs to drill out the 4 mounting holes to accommodate a larger stud and if you replace software, reprogramming the unit. If you need to quote installation to your customers, I would expect this to be an hour or two per unit. This is not a guaranteed installation time, but just an estimated time for you, to help with planning these upgrades.

If you customer do not want to upgrade, we will continue to support the Neuron card reader and have replacement parts.

Please inform your parts coordinator that the Panasonic card reader, alone to replace another Panasonic card reader is part # SA1892 and retail price is $265.

Micah Savell

***** member since 2001
Reaction score
Mical,
Would you care to let us in on the pricing and what is involved in the installation, recently installed new CC reader and was aware of this new reader at that time.
Thanks for the heads up.
Since Cfcw has already answered your questions on costs I will tell you about our install.

We did not have to modify the doors as anticipated. In our case we just removed the old card reader and installed the new and it bolted right into place. We also had to replace a chip on the board. All in all it was simple and sweet!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Aren't we all gonna need an upgrade to the credit card system to accept the new chipped Credit cards (holds the card while you enter the pin)?