What's new

Goffs G2 Harshgaurd doors

statestreet

Reaction score
As my remodel continues, I have recently decided to buy G2 harshgaurd doors for my automatic bay. There are many features of this door which I like and they seem to be economical while taking up a minimum of space. Have any other operators used/installed these doors? I would like to hear your likes and dislikes.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Goff redesigned their Harshgaurd doors last year and had them at the ICA show in Vegas. They are individual panels connected with slats. The Harshgaurd doors that I bought from Goff in the spring of 2010 were the old design and I would never buy them again. I have them on a refurbed IBA which was too short for Airlift doors with Magna Glides. Last winter we had to replace both curtains because they were basically falling apart at the sewn seams of the clear vinyl panel. Goff did replace them at no charge.

2 months ago, we found the entrance door was again tearing in the same spot and Goff sent out another replacement curtain no charge. They have been good about standing behind their product, but I wish I had the new designed door curtain which looks more robust and able to withstand the NY winters.

I had my distributor ask Goff if I could trade in the two year old models for the newer design, and they would only allow me a $2,000 discount off the new door price. Before I invest anymore money in their product, I will definitely look at Airlift's door curtains.

Reaction score
As my remodel continues, I have recently decided to buy G2 harshgaurd doors for my automatic bay. There are many features of this door which I like and they seem to be economical while taking up a minimum of space. Have any other operators used/installed these doors? I would like to hear your likes and dislikes.
I would go with the Airlift XRS door have put in a lot of these and have had zero problems. And you can get the counter balance system to open the door to let someone out.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
We looked into the Goff door and discounted it when they advised that a copper heating loop be plumbed on the track.

Went with the Airlift XRS and have had no issues in four months of use. Fantastic door; great seal, no air infiltration on western exposure.

Cost was similar to competitors.