What's new

giving a thought to build a new self -serve car wash

mitcoolhai

Reaction score
hello folks , I am buying a commercial land which is 8500 sq ft. I know its relatively small place to build a car wash. but do you guys think is it possible for me to build 2 self-serve bay and 1 auto bay ? how much can I expect it will cost me to build ? thanks for the input.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Depending on your local town municipality and restrictions the setbacks may be a issue with a small lot like this.

mac

Reaction score
Hello there mitcoolhai . I have set up a few washes in FL and here is what you can expect. Price for an auto and 2 self serve bays will most likely be around 200K. The small lot size will be an issue. Is there good egress and visibility? Talk to the local building department and they will tell you the setbacks and any other restrictions. Building costs will be at least 100K and could top 200K. And expect it to take a year to complete. And that is if you have the cash to do it. If you will need funding, most lenders will not touch this with no prior wash experience. Whatever you do, good luck to you. Feel free to send me a note if you want to discuss this in more detail.

Reaction score
hello folks , I am buying a commercial land which is 8500 sq ft. I know its relatively small place to build a car wash. but do you guys think is it possible for me to build 2 self-serve bay and 1 auto bay ? how much can I expect it will cost me to build ? thanks for the input.
Take a moment to view the car wash I designed for an operator here in Charlottesville (https://www.coroflot.com/mwilson/Car-Wash-Role-Contract-Design-Architect). I’m licensed in Florida. If you’d like to discuss this, I’m happy to offer some free advice and insights.