What's new

Gift Cards w/ PDQ/WALS

D3Dubs

Reaction score
Hi All, we have a 3 bay IBA in New England. Our POS is PDQ and we use WALS for the membership program.

I have been trying to figure out how to create gift cards and "buy 10 washes for price of 9" type of cards. So far I have not been able to figure this out. WALS does not seem to have this functionality.

My apologies if this is something really easy but does anyone have any ideas or know how to do this?

Danpelligrino

Reaction score
Do you still need help with this? My advice would be to reach out to PDQ because they are pretty helpful.

First, for the gift cards, you have to get cards made up. They need a prefix code and a suffix code. The prefix code is a number that you will program into your paystation via the WALS menu when you remote in to it. The suffix is the number that you will enter as a member number when you set up the account in WALS that you would label as "Gift Card". That account would be set up as a debt package/debit funds acct.

For the buy 10 washes problem, the solution is a little more complicated. I have my machines set up so that people can buy 6 "premium" washes for the price of 5 at the paystation. They are issued a code thats associated with a debit package account.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I have been doing this manually in the WALS acct. on my desktop. You need to buy the Access Wash Cards from PDQ. I set up the account for the person, enter the type of wash, click on Card Issued, add 10 washes to the Transaction section, enter the amount paid. I then mail them the card. I have a Virtual Terminal with PlugnPay which is tied into WALS and this is where you charge their credit card. It sounds complicated, but isn't once you do it a few times. My problem now is that we are converting all the WALS stuff from our Access machines to the new ICS machines and the ability to do this will change drastically. I'm a wreck thinking about it. There's a tech at PDQ named Tony Kumin, who heads up the WALS program. He has been very helpful to me in setting things up in WALS. I would recommend you contact him.

splashngocornwall

Reaction score
I do the exact same as Cheetah above.

Btw, @CheetahExpress... which terminal specifically are you purchasing? The ICS Auto Sentry Flex or the Auto Sentry Petro? Had you looked into ugrading the Access with their conversion kit?

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Yes, we're doing a refit on the existing Access, and purchasing the ICS Auto Sentry Flex. We currently have the Access on the entry to our Profile and that will get the refit; and are adding a 2nd bay with a Razor. The new bay will have the Auto Sentry Flex. I'm very worried about how to handle he WALS accounts with their new WashConnect system. It's mind-boggling.