What's new

Gearbox or what!!! help wanted ,

wolfsmile_2000

Reaction score
So here is the problem,

A vector car wash, when it shuttles side to side , it just makes loud noise like hammering and shut down ! I dont know whats the problem !! any idea ?

garbageman

Reaction score
Check belt tension. Disconnect the belt then jog the shuttle. Does the noise persist? If yes, seperate motor from gearbox and inspect the two items and key stock. If no, check pulley, or shuttle tee bearings (all six).

You can always disable shuttle to continue running as a short term fix.

wolfsmile_2000

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply , the belt is loose so i retighten it but nothing changed! ,anyway, when I run the shuttle from the computer screen .. doesn't make any noise , but when car go through , it does make noise only from PS. passenger side. I would like to mention as well that I have found some oil on the cables , on the prox cable, could be motor or something leaking but dont know if that is related to the issue ! plus sometimes it goes from right to left and it is jumping .. i mean the arms

MEP001

Reaction score
Check the pulley on the gearbox output. It's plastic and might be stripped inside and slipping. I had the key fall out of it and the whole shuttle slammed over to one side.

Karim

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply , the belt is loose so i retighten it but nothing changed! ,anyway, when I run the shuttle from the computer screen .. doesn't make any noise , but when car go through , it does make noise only from PS. passenger side. I would like to mention as well that I have found some oil on the cables , on the prox cable, could be motor or something leaking but dont know if that is related to the issue ! plus sometimes it goes from right to left and it is jumping .. i mean the arms
So I am sure you got it up and running, was it the cables then?