What's new

Futura leaving a wax residue

Fastlane1

Reaction score
I have a Futura SSA. Lately I've noticed its leaving a blotchy residue of wax or oil?on my vehicles when I test the wash. This happens only periodically and a couple weeks ago I thought maybe my wax was mixed too strong. I checked & It was mixing very strong so I tamed it down to where it is supposed to be. I still seem to get the residue once & a while. Could it be wax build up in the hose? My pumps do not seem to be losing any oil so I don't think its that. Any help would be appreciated.

MikeV

Reaction score
I see that from time to time and it is a hydraulic leak. Small, intermittent but still leaves a filmy residue on the car. Change your top wobbler motor and that should take care of that.
Hydraulic motors can leak a few drops of hydraulic oil from time to time without totally crapping out.

Fastlane1

Reaction score
That makes sense. I ordered a motor today and will hopefully have it in later this week. Thanks for the advice! I'll keep you posted.

cebo

Reaction score
Mike is right. I have an old ssa that keeps on going (10 yrs now). First time this happened was on a brand new 16 yr old's Mercedes. If you will look on the tilt tray the top wobblers are on you will see some mildly pink water drops. The top wobbler motor starts leaking a fills up in tray and pours out when it tilts. I don't know how old yours is but I have only had to replace the motor twice in 10 years.

Fastlane1

Reaction score
think i got it

These old SSA's do keep going! Mine is 11 years old w/140,000+ washes! Changed the wobbler motor/ hoses(motor was leaking slightly from output shaft area).....Still was getting residue(now I could tell it was blue in color, my wax is blue) .........Water is at 0 hardness, SFR is at 006....cleaned out all my wax lines & "mixer", changed wax......Still getting residue???????Took a closer look at the Drymaster which is in the bay w/ the SSA(just inside the exit door) , it had blue water droplets building up on it!!!!Mixing the wax too strong and a leaking wobbler motor must have built up on the dryer w/ the doors closed all winter.Cleaned the dryer up really good.....No more residue!!!

I bought these washes two years ago and I'm learning a LOT!! Thanks for the good advice!