What's new

Fusion X question

Etowah

klstiger

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the top brush lowers down into a truck bed? I am trying to decide between Ryko, Autec and Coleman on a combo wash.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

clintras

Reaction score
The Ryko will not drop into the bed. I am not sure about the others.

mgs

Mark VII Distributor
Reaction score
XT is the newest generation. It was unveiled at the ICA show in Vegas 4 month ago.

DavidM

Reaction score
I also have a Softwash that is smart enough to stay out of truck beds. Why would MarkVII change that on a "new and improved" model?

Jet-Stream

Reaction score
Have a look at the Ceccato, Pegasus Air Plus - Works perfectly with pickups. It will not drop in to truck beds. It profiles the vehicle on the first pass and will run the horizontal brush perfectly - very smooth running compared to others I've seen.

Bert

Reaction score
The SoftWash XT that I've used here in Denver did not drop into the bed of my truck.

steve01

Reaction score
My Softgloss XT profiles the truck and follows the contour of the truck cab as it would a car. The brush lowers in the back of the cab to bed-rail height and maintains that level.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Steve01, your SoftGloss XS should not drop into the bed because once the ultrasonic detects the bed the top brush is suppose to stop spinning and retract to prevent going into the bed.

randy64

Reaction score
There is a way to check to see if your ultrasonic is profiling the vehicle correctly. Moniter M450, M451, M452. The machine does this profile its first pass to the rear, (usually foam bath) I believe they are Sedan, Tall Vehicle, Pickup. There is also a setting for the actual ultrasonic hight to ground that needs to be set accuately. Refer to appendix C of the SGXS setups and Timers and it explains exactly how to do it. There are other ways it can mess up and drop in the bed. For example honda makes a truck with the slanted things going into the bed and that would mess up the SGXS. I've also found one reading a new 2010 toyota as a truck and its a small car, so they will need to change the logic on that to keep up with the smaller cars.

Good Luck
Randy

mgs

Mark VII Distributor
Reaction score
Please disregard my post dated 8/6/09, I used the word "drop" wrong

When I used the word "drop" it was in a positive way, other car wash brands, after the pick up cabin roof is cleared by the roof brush, the roof brush stays at that height, it does not lower; the Mark VII machines contour the cabin, washing the windshield, roof and back window; the machine is intelligent to know if the pick up bed has a cover or not and the roof brush applies the correct amount "pressure".

Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks