What's new

Fuse Keep Blowing

Reaction score
Hello, in one my wandwash bays, the screen was off. My equipment is from colman hanna and Hamilton manufacturing. So first thing I checked the fuse in the selector box, and also the fuse in the panel on Super Savor. The fuse in the selector box was blown so changed it. As soon as I tried to close the door, the screen started acting up and like keep turning on and off and eventual the fuse in the Super Savor panel was blown. I had same issue 3 month ago which seem to be due to the network cable head inside the selector box coming to the router in the office was rusty. So I cut the end and put a new network head. Seem to work for 3 month. Even at that time I had similar issue and changing the head seem to fix it. I have to say that few days ago I had to change the small network cable between the DTT (or what ever that electric board is called which is behind the screen) and the white protector thing (this protector thing is a white little box which network head connects to it from both end. One end goes to DTT and one end goes to the router in the office). Today after blowing 3 fuses at the super savor it seems to be ok for now and I closed the door with no issues. I did notice a bit of water on the network cable coming inside the selector box from the office and thinking maybe due to water at the network head, things short? So I sealed the little hole on top of the selector box so no moist/water can get it. Obviously something is shorting somewhere. My question is is this due to some water/most being at the head of network cable? Or no the short is somewhere else in wiring inside the selector box. Have I correctly identified the problem? Thanks

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
When you mention selector box, are you referring to the hamilton dtt or the coleman meterbox? Is your Dtt inside the meterbox? I would say that your problem is likely something else over-amping. Likely the short or high load is just blowing the dtt fuse if someone happened to pay with a credit card, or blowing the coleman supersaver fuse if someone paid with cash. I would use an ammeter and turn the dial or selector to each function and see how much draw there is.

Reaction score
By selector box i simply mean tge entire big box that customers choose which function to use. Right behind the display and credit card reader there are two electric board back to back which I call the DTT. I doubt the over lao happens depending on which function is selected. As soon as i start closing the selector box front door things start acting up. So probably some wires are shorting

Last edited: