What's new

Frustration in buying

mac

Reaction score
Have been trying to buy some used stack pump stands for my 5 bay. Thought I had a deal twice now only to have seller change mind. That was almost 4 weeks ago. New is not in the budget. Just odd when you have the money. Will just have to keep looking.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Lemme know when u find one....
I don't think u ever sent me any pics, either...?

mac

Reaction score
Whoops. Will send pics again tomorrow.

mac

Reaction score
I know. Nobody makes them anymore at a reasonable price.

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
Mac, Why are you trying to buy a pump stand if your trying to sell your car wash? I stopped putting money into my car wash when I started thinking about selling out, after 5 years I'm still thinking.

mac

Reaction score
I’ll get a much higher price if I sell it with good equipment that works.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Come on ol Mac...been waiting 4 weeks now on those pics of pumpstand. Ha
This isn't all a ruse is it? LOL

mac

Reaction score
Sorry about the delay. Changed my mind couple of times on this. Have included the pictures. And by a strange coincidence I met a tech who knows how to make this work. Will keep you posted.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Mac, So what's wrong with that pumping equipment? It looks like it's in pretty good condition overall. Does it do what it's supposed to do, pump water? I love it when operators say they need to replace there equipment because it's worn out or in need of repair. If you take care of self serve equipment it'll last a life time. We have some equipment that's going on 40 years old and it works just like it did when it was first installed. The biggest problem I’ve found over the years is lack of maintenance and the unqualified, unknowledgeable losers who think they can fix the equipment and make a cobbled up mess. I highly doubt that your going to get much of a higher price if you replace your current equipment.

mac

Reaction score
Well Randy, you are right. I think it’s the perfectionist in me that causes this. I sold a lot of those Magic Wand stack systems and they just look good. Final straw was wife saying leave it alone. Wasted too much time looking for one. So would you like to buy a nice car wash in FL?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ha, ha, looks pretty good to me, very similar tot he Carolina Pride I have at one wash.. You could move your hydrominders and chemical lines to the back side of the tanks and it would neaten the looks quite a bit.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I've seen far, far, far worse. Clean up the hanging wires and hoses, straighten the cock-eyed soap manifold, and generally organize everything. The best thing you can do is to provide any potential new owner with wiring/plumbing diagrams. It's one thing when a new owner contacts me for help and they have those.......when they don't it's a disaster.