What's new

FRP Panels

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pictures of any 5 year old wall panels in a self serve bay? I’ve got some 20 year old FRP and it looks like ass. I don’t have a lot of vandalism , but people do stupid stuff. I’ve been told that the newer stuff is better than it was as far as holes. Any picture of self serve wall panels appreciated.
These were at least 5 years old when taken but purpose of video was not to show panel. They look great when cleaned. v

Jim64

Reaction score
So I got a quote from Declan on the vinyl wall panels and the price was almost the same as a quality FRP. The sales guy was pretty knowledgeable and was happy to answer my questions. I’m gonna pull the trigger on these, I really like the look and I hope they hold up well. Thanks for the picts Earl.

edredtop

Reaction score
So I got a quote from Declan on the vinyl wall panels and the price was almost the same as a quality FRP. The sales guy was pretty knowledgeable and was happy to answer my questions. I’m gonna pull the trigger on these, I really like the look and I hope they hold up well. Thanks for the picts Earl.
It'd be really cool if you could share some pix when complete.

Noob

Reaction score
Jim,
Did you ask him about the possibility of replacing a panel if it was damaged?

Jim64

Reaction score
Noob, I did ask about replacing a panel or a piece of a panel. He told me you could cut out a section and glue in a section to replace with regular construction glue. The seem would be visible or You could glue in a full piece. Sounded do able.

Jim64

Reaction score
Is the labor any different installing FRP vs Declan Panels?
I have put up FRP boards with plastic rivets and everything is visible. The delpro panels are installed over block with their own concrete screws that are completely hidden by the next panel, cut the piece at the end to fit and glue to attach. Then you surround with a tight fitting J channel. Gives a smooth clean look. I installed some extrutech panels years ago with same hidden tabs and it is pretty simple, actually easier than the FRP boards.

Big Chris

Reaction score
Jim, I have FRP in my IBAs that needs replacing, this is a project that's on the list for this summer. Really interested in how this turns out for you, please post these pics.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Is the labor any different installing FRP vs Declan Panels?
Panel install is easier than FRP. That said when I started in the wash industry the wash I was at had FRP that was 10 years old. We now have Panels, and I find the 10 year old FRP cleaned easier than 2 year old panels.

I know I'm probably an outlier here but I much prefer FRP over panels. And for what it's worth I like Aluminum and Polycarbonate doors over vinyl rollup doors too!

slash007

Reaction score
I ordered from Delcan for mine and they are supposed to arrived end of this week and install is scheduled for Monday.

Jim64

Reaction score
I ordered from Delcan for mine and they are supposed to arrived end of this week and install is scheduled for Monday.
I’m planning on a late May project, please let me know how yours turns out.

Jim64

Reaction score
Panel install is easier than FRP. That said when I started in the wash industry the wash I was at had FRP that was 10 years old. We now have Panels, and I find the 10 year old FRP cleaned easier than 2 year old panels.

I know I'm probably an outlier here but I much prefer FRP over panels. And for what it's worth I like Aluminum and Polycarbonate doors over vinyl rollup doors too!
Could you post some pics? I’d like to see how the panels hold up in a self serve after a couple of years.

Stan Alan

Reaction score
Buy Marlins brand panels and they also can supply you with the rivets