What's new

Front And Rear Eye Fail - Lw 4000

newboy

newbot
Reaction score
good morning. i am having a constant problem with "front eye and rear eye fail" error message with a 9 year old lw 4000. this machine will work fine for several washes and then the error meassage will appear. i can power down the j/o cabnet and the fault will not be displayed again for several washes. i have replaced the following parts chasing this problem:
complete festoon cable, t bar eyes, both amps' and relay bases, input and out put cards, bases and interconnecting cables, input/output ribbon cable from the controller and the software eprom chip. the 24 volt a/c & d/c voltages are correct. please help !!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

raisetheprice

Reaction score
If you have a short bay and your dryer is close to your LW...watch for people backing up during the dryer. Backing up at the rt time during the startup test can cause front/rear eye fails. I had signs made telling the customer to not back up, but as we all know most people don't read signs.

Reaction score
and make sure your settings are correct in the lasermind as for bay length long/ or short.

Mike

Reaction score
If you are failing both eyes, the problem is most likely in the festoon wire coming back to input 21, this is the input for both eyes. Or possable but unlikely the input card.

If you have a older machine that was not updated there are 2 relays and one amp in the bridge box. your neutral for the relays could also be bad.

newboy

newbot
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. the rear eye fail fault is the most common, though i will get front and rear eye fail also. this machine has 2 amps. in j-3 both of which are new along with the bases. the complete festoon has been changed. the input card and cables are new. what's a mother to do ?????????? just to continue on with looking for a cure i am going to swap x-21 festoon wire with the ground. thanks for your help !!!!!!!!!

Etowah