What's new

Freezing Track Issues Mark VII GTO-300

Randy

Reaction score
I have a customer who is having problems with the track freezing on his Mark VII GTO 300. When the track freezes and get slippery the Mark VII loses its memory as to it’s position on the track. He’s pulling his hair trying to figure out how o keep the track free of ice and keep washing cars. He’s in an area of the county that only gets real cold a week or 2 a year. Any suggestions on how too or what can be done to keep the Mark VII GTO-300 track free of ice?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Back in the olden days I had a Mark VII Rotoclean and no doors. The track heating system consisted of a heat cable running along the underside of the track, held in place by angle iron welded to the bottom to form a "V". IIRC it worked ok, but I eventually installed doors and heat anyway. The machine and all related parts are all long gone now.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have heat lines running inside my track off floor heat boiler. works pretty good but I also have doors and once it gets much below 20 F I have problems w/icing still if both the doors are open during washing. I can mess around with exit door open, enter door cycling up and down, but it still can get dicey, um, icy.

Shorco1

Reaction score
Back in the olden days I had a Mark VII Rotoclean and no doors. The track heating system consisted of a heat cable running along the underside of the track, held in place by angle iron welded to the bottom to form a "V". IIRC it worked ok, but I eventually installed doors and heat anyway. The machine and all related parts are all long gone now.
We fixed our problem with some Self Regulating Heat Tape from Grangers, self tapping steel screws, high temp silicone sealant. We secured the heat tape to the rail with clips and silicone and did the electrics, presto no ice problem.