What's new

Freestyler and Vector reliability.

Broadwayautoclinic

Reaction score
I own a Vector and a Freestyler. I have had them for 5 months.

I would like to hear from other owners, so I know how these machines have been treating them. I have many stories to tell. Some good, some bad. I recently installed VPS on my Freestlyer. Smartest thing I ever did with my wash.

I would also like to share my wash settings, and get some input from others, so I know what has worked well for you.

Thanks, Rick

josycar

Reaction score
Pre-owned Vector

Rick .....

I have heard very great stories of this Vector wash machines and I am looking to buy a pre-owned Vector. Please let me know if there is someone you know that has one for-sale.

Thanks,
ventas@josycar.com
Joe

DavidM

Reaction score
I have a Vector that has been running over 5 years. From a maintenance perspective, it has been a good machine.
VPS/virtual treadles should be on every machine in my opinion. We retrofitted our machines with them years ago. I wouldn't install a touchfree without it now.

David

MEP001

Reaction score
We also run a Vector, and aside for a few issues like star lock washers on the screws for the covers on the encoder cards that allowed water to get in, or steel bolts and nuts in a few places where they could/should have used stainless, or gaskets between the motor/encoder ring/gearbox (since solved), it's been almost trouble free in 5 1/2 years. I replaced the hoses that ran from the wall to the machine with lengths of stainless pipe and short hoses about a year ago - the newer ones are set up the same way but with hoses where I used pipe, but I wanted a more permanent solution. The cost was about the same.