What's new

Freaking masks

mac

Reaction score
I am this close to gobsmacking the next person that asks about a mask. First a little inconvenient fact. This stupid virus, which is no worse than the flu, is 8,000 times smaller than the holes in even the best mask. So a mask will NOT stop the spread of this. Masks are simply a trial run by the government to see how much they can get away with. And it's pretty much working, which helps explain how sleepy Joe got elected. I see idiots driving in a car by themselves wearing these things. May God help us all.

Bricks

Reaction score
I am this close to gobsmacking the next person that asks about a mask. First a little inconvenient fact. This stupid virus, which is no worse than the flu, is 8,000 times smaller than the holes in even the best mask. So a mask will NOT stop the spread of this. Masks are simply a trial run by the government to see how much they can get away with. And it's pretty much working, which helps explain how sleepy Joe got elected. I see idiots driving in a car by themselves wearing these things. May God help us all.
Last year, my son had to wear a mask for first grade. I felt bad for the kids because I would get a little agitated by wearing one for ten minutes. However, none of us got even so much as a cold. This year, no masks required, and we’ve had three total sinus infections that required antibiotics. We were always taught to sneeze into our elbows, away from people. I think there’s definitely some benefit to masks as far as germs go. I’m just telling you my experience. Don’t be angry. And don’t you dare gobsmack me lol !

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I like the people that are alone in their car and wearing a mask. I actually had one of these folks, tell me they learned that if you have the recirculation on for the cars A/C it will keep the covid germs out of your car.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
So a mask will NOT stop the spread of this.
The virus is carried primarily in respiratory droplets, which ARE impeded by masks, so they do help. I equate them to seat belts and bulletproof vests. Not a guarantee, but damn sure better than without.

It's a shame that doctors and scientists don't spend more time on Facebook. This thing would have been wiped out 18 months ago.

New Washdog

Reaction score
I agree with you Mac of the ineffectiveness of the masks typically being used. Anyone who has gone through mask training (Nuclear, Lead or OSHA) will tell you the importance of selecting the proper mask, ensuring the proper fitment and the need to monitor the effects of the individual when wearing a mask before using it wholesale. This any old mask is a farce. For the record I wear no mask. I used to wear one as to not hassle employees at the businesses I visit, but have decided to take my stand against it as its not based in real science and this virus is never going away.

But I do believe that Covid can be dangerous to a very small percentage of individuals that have other health issues known or unknown to them. I refuse to live in fear and feel sad for those that do. I believe that so many new neurosis are being created by the constant fearmongering and they will have far greater impacts than this virus.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Last year, my son had to wear a mask for first grade. I felt bad for the kids because I would get a little agitated by wearing one for ten minutes. However, none of us got even so much as a cold. This year, no masks required, and we’ve had three total sinus infections that required antibiotics. We were always taught to sneeze into our elbows, away from people. I think there’s definitely some benefit to masks as far as germs go. I’m just telling you my experience. Don’t be angry. And don’t you dare gobsmack me lol !
In my mind, there's no denying that masks reduced colds and flus. However, at what cost? Look at all the mask litter we have around. Many municipalities have banned plastic bags at grocery stores only for the plastic bag litter to be replaced by masks. Then you have those reusing masks.

Then there is the question of suppressing one's immunity. It seems like a lot of people are getting hit harder by colds. That may very well apply to your family situation of sinus infections. I don't know you personally.

For the record, if someone is sick, yes, they should mask when out and about.

The virus is carried primarily in respiratory droplets, which ARE impeded by masks, so they do help. I equate them to seat belts and bulletproof vests. Not a guarantee, but damn sure better than without.

It's a shame that doctors and scientists don't spend more time on Facebook. This thing would have been wiped out 18 months ago.
The same doctors and scientists who assured us we only needed 14 days to flatten the curve? This has been the longest two weeks of my life.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
In our area there is currently almost no use of masks except where mandated by a corporate or gov't entity. I have had some incidents in our laundromat that point towards a person coming in with a mask on with other motives such as 1. Harder for a cam to identify them later for a wrong doing. 2. The belligerent demeanor against non mask wearers appears to be making a statement about their political leanings.

I am 100% for Kentucky's Rand Paul's surgical approach to bad info portions of whatever gov't & media. It takes courage to stand up to overwhelming numbers of falsehoods.

I have a flashback of a lady customer in the laundry who was struggling with highly contagious impetigo on her face during the peak of the mask mandates in our area. Her mask was literally dripping from the impetigo. It seems like surface transmission would increase by far when someone with a Covid or a Covid variant or other factor was wearing whatever kind of mask. Albeit a hospital environment calls for possibly other rules though. There they are currently requiring visitors to fully gown up etc on the Covid Floor ... if they allow them at all. I had impetigo on my face when I was about 7 years old (first hand unforgettable experience) ... not an ideal situation at all...

SplashDash

Reaction score
Never wore one & will not I simply refuse Science is proven it will not help it’s a control issue& I argue my rights if I get asked to leave I do after I give them the document on Numburg code!

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you mean Nuremburg? You're actually comparing being asked to wear a mask with war crimes?

SplashDash

Reaction score
Do you mean Nuremburg? You're actually comparing being asked to wear a mask with war crimes?
It falls under it as medical forced actions that harm you, been following this as common law international courts ruled. Now I see senate going adhere it next after meeting with all othe experts stating it’s genocide. We shall see what happens.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I was in Sam's Club about 4 days ago ... I was really surprised at the manned sampler booth towards the entrance as I walked in. The young lady at the sampler booth ... had what I thought to be an "unnecessary fear" in her eyes as she insisted upon giving me THREE 3M-N95 masks.

mac

Reaction score
MJ I think we have all seen this idiocy. BTW I have a bridge for sale. Still in good shape.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
MJ I think we have all seen this idiocy. BTW I have a bridge for sale. Still in good shape.
What some of us better citizens ... go through to help educate ... despite poor leadership from some in govt at all levels & the more crappy within the media.

To understand the fear part a bit better ... when Covid 1st came on the scene there was an intense push in North Dakota for CONTACT TRACING ... via our handy dandy cell phone apps!!! Like I said both parties need to be monitored & watched!

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Better than whom?
Thank you MEP001 ... I am glad you asked & I see others are also seeking to be educated rather than just being indoctrinated.

OK specifically ... better than Biden's & his cronies' ... puppets who pretend that some citizens are not making a huge sacrifices using their private resources to show valid & compelling evidence about the Nov 2020 election & to help prevent future election shenanigans at every gov't level.

JJJ, Mac & other "responsible citizen - more true leaders" very possibly are able to articulate & elaborate a bit better than little old me though!

SplashDash

Reaction score
The narrative is now dead in many places all mask & covid tracking over I fought the school with bondsforthewin.com & freedom to the little ones ! They all took the gov funding that had strings attached ESSER fund & agreement to mask schools no matter what! But when you go after the bonds they step away!