What's new

Fragramatics FV-3 air compressor question

kempape

Reaction score
i might need to replace air compressor that provides air that " propels/expels/atomizes " the fragrence . ( not the "bubble air "display).... --- im not sure of the voltage , brand , etc ) . i will probably order from fragramatiics but didnt see the air compressor part listed online there or at kleen rite... if knew a bit of the specs might direct order a generic -- especially since not 100 sure that pump is the problem -- all good guesses/ advice appreciated ..

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You don't need much air for fragrance machine and at 1 minute per vend with no back pressure the load is small. I have bought some Harbor freight replacements and they last a long time. You can buy several of those for the price of a Thomas.

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl, have you used one like that in an actual Fragramatics unit? I would be surprised if it has enough volume to let the gun draw fragrance properly. If it does that would be great if the HF compressor holds up at all.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have used it in my JE Adams units with a Coleman Gun and Hose assembly.

MEP001

Reaction score
Coleman uses a much smaller volume output compressor than Fragramatics. It ought to be worth a try, Harbor Freight has a good return policy.

I'll try to remember to look this evening to get the specs off the Fragramatics unit.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Tdl, Thomas, is your man
I just seen this post today lol
I would double check to make sure you have a bad compressor, disconect the air line coming directly off the compressor and make sure it's pumping. I have seen the solinod for air clogg up with debris before. Those compressors in fragramatics last a very long time kinda rare they go bad.

Last edited:

Galloping Grey

Reaction score
i might need to replace air compressor that provides air that " propels/expels/atomizes " the fragrence . ( not the "bubble air "display).... --- im not sure of the voltage , brand , etc ) . i will probably order from fragramatiics but didnt see the air compressor part listed online there or at kleen rite... if knew a bit of the specs might direct order a generic -- especially since not 100 sure that pump is the problem -- all good guesses/ advice appreciated ..
Hi, I was wondering how your compressor replacement worked out. I've just had 3 of these units go under in a flood and need to replace. Are there any cheaper replacements that the factory unit ?

MEP001

Reaction score
Try eBay, I find them new occasionally for about half what Fragramatics ask for them, used about 10% of that. The original Thomas compressor they use is really good and worth the money for the reliability.