What's new

Fragarance Vacuum

travler

Reaction score
I have a Fragarance Vacuum, with 3 Fragarances i can not get product out
of the middle selector I replaced all the celinoids any help would be appreciated..

bighead

Reaction score
Sure, celinoids is spelled solenoids ....

(sorry to be an ass, but you did say "any help...") :)

Other than that did you check the foot valves? Or the peristaltic pumps? Or the tubing? (I would check the foot valves first)

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Sure, celinoids is spelled solenoids ....

(sorry to be an ass, but you did say "any help...") :)

Other than that did you check the foot valves? Or the peristaltic pumps? Or the tubing? (I would check the foot valves first)
And it is spelled Fragrance.

Sorry but I couldn't help myself as long as Big Leo already chimed in.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have a Fragarance Vacuum, with 3 Fragarances i can not get product out
of the middle selector I replaced all the celinoids any help would be appreciated..
You need to tell us the brand and that would help. Some like Colemans and JE Adams use a venturi at the gun. Others might use a pump.

Mine are venturi. I do this.

First make sure the solenoid opens. Depending on hose size I can discomnect the air hose at the compressor and plug in the suction tube from the problem fragrance. The air will then blow thru the suction tube thru the solenoid and out the gun. If it does the solenoid is open and there is another problem . If not you either have a bad solenoid if it's getting power (if not check the switch and wiring). If it's bad replace. If solenoid opens you may have a hose disconnected inside the gun so the venturi doesn't draw that product. You can swap product hoses at the exit side of the solenoids and see if the problem moves to the other product.

recently had a fooler. Hose from exit side of the solenoid behind the scent bottles had rested against the cold weather heating pad and melted closed. Took me a while to figure out why solenoid opened, blew air through it with hose off, but would not blow thru gun. Then I saw the melted part.

travler

Reaction score
You need to tell us the brand and that would help. Some like Colemans and JE Adams use a venturi at the gun. Others might use a pump.

Mine are venturi. I do this.

First make sure the solenoid opens. Depending on hose size I can discomnect the air hose at the compressor and plug in the suction tube from the problem fragrance. The air will then blow thru the suction tube thru the solenoid and out the gun. If it does the solenoid is open and there is another problem . If not you either have a bad solenoid if it's getting power (if not check the switch and wiring). If it's bad replace. If solenoid opens you may have a hose disconnected inside the gun so the venturi doesn't draw that product. You can swap product hoses at the exit side of the solenoids and see if the problem moves to the other product.

recently had a fooler. Hose from exit side of the solenoid behind the scent bottles had rested against the cold weather heating pad and melted closed. Took me a while to figure out why solenoid opened, blew air through it with hose off, but would not blow thru gun. Then I saw the melted part.
i have Colemans. thanks for the help

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Just did the above with Coleman. That's where I found the melted hose!

Report back on what you find.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If you have Coleman depending on Vintage it should be easy. The air supply line and the fragrance suction tube are both 1/8" If you have a push lock fitting on the compressor, take off the air line, attach the suction line for that fragrance push the appropriate solenoid / fragrance button and start the machine.

If the compressor stalls the solenoid does not open or the line is blocked. Shut it down so you don't burn up the compressor. If you have power to the solenoid it may be clogged. Unscrew the round nut holding the coil on the stem. Make sure there is no power to it. it may burn up if energized and not on the stem. Unscrew the stem. You may need to remove an adjoining coil to get a wrench on it. Don't squeeze the stem.
Carefuly unscrew stem. There is a spring loaded plunger inside. Sometimes they get gummed up. Remove the plunger and spring and clean. WD 40 works. Before reinstalling stem put spring and plunger in. Hold with finger to keep from flying out. Put coil on stem and make sure plunger gets sucked in when energized. Again start unit with fragrance suction hose attached to air compressor. Air should come out where you took off stem. If not, suction hose is clogged - Replace.
Reassemble - good luck.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I see this is an older post but I thought I would add I have found my solenoids mechanically stuck both in the open and closed position on my Coleman combos. Fixed one just a couple of days ago.

travler

Reaction score
I see this is an older post but I thought I would add I have found my solenoids mechanically stuck both in the open and closed position on my Coleman combos. Fixed one just a couple of days ago.
thanks for the help .