What's new

Foam cannon

Lordbronn

Reaction score
First off i wanna say hi im new around here. I just bought my first pressure washer although its a cheaper sun joe electric 2300psi 1.6 gpm. I wanted to get into using a foam cannon sense i drive a transit van for work. Using it for the first time today just as a test run although its raining. After applying the soap and letting it sit for a couple mins i rinsed it off. None of the dirt came off. I can wipe it off really easy with my fingers but not the pressure washer. Its a new 2020 transit so the dirt isnt stained on. Can anyone help. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
What chemical are you using? this commercial was sent to me a long time ago and I get a laugh out of it.

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
First off, if you are trying to clean a vehicle without touching it, you must have soft water...period. If it's warm/hot, better. Don't bother trying this chemical, then that chemical, if the water is hard, it won't work. What is your water hardness? If it's not soft, you are just trying to piss up a rope.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi LordBronn, this is an commercial operator site. You may want to try the autogeek forums for a more relevant response But while you're here I'll let you in on what we do. Foaming neutral shampoos don't clean a car. It may drag some dirt off the surface of the vehicle but won't get the road film off,. which is what you are describing. To do that generally requires a product we call presoak. It is high in ph and the good stuff is probably labeled corrosive. We dilute it down to the strength of an all purpose cleaner or degreaser-usually 50-75 parts water to one part chemical You could do this with a garden sprayer perhaps and then rinse it off with a pressure washer.