What's new

Foam brushes freezing

newy

Reaction score
We are new to the business and this is out first winter! Any thoughts on why my brushes keep freezing? My wands are fine and my husband said it the soap but he is not sure what soap is best any suggestions? we have been in the single digits and teens for a few days.

Tpoppa

Reaction score
Do a search for methanol soap. For single digits, I typically disconnect the foam brushes and bring them inside.

newy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I will have my husband check on that! I think we will bring the brushes in out of sight out of mind. They may not even notice they are gone. I hope.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I use different foamig soap for winter than summer. My machine actually has two foaming draws. It switches automatically between summer and winter formula. The winter formula contains methanol to keep from freezing.

newy

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys! I really value this forum for all the knowledge and the exceptional people who are open to help out!

Jeff_L

Reaction score
There are endless ways to keep your foaming brushes from freezing, which method is best is up for you to decide. Each one has pros and cons to it. I've listed some below.

1. FB soap mixed with Methanol in the freezing season.
2. Weep system routed through your foam brushes
3. Anti-Freeze FB system which circulates hot water (or other liquid) through the insides of your FB hoses.
4. Blow down your line with air after use.
5. (Many of these posters have developed their own methods which work for them as well)

Etowah