What's new

Foam brush weep systems

crewchief97

Reaction score
Which is better for foam brushes methanol or anti freeze soap? I currently weep all winter but I'm ready to change over to save on water and ice on the floor and walls. Thanks for the advise.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Uhhhh...methanol is methanol and anti-freeze soap is soap with methanol. So I don't understand your question.

Are you saying you want to either purge with methanol or use methanol soap?

Big

bigleo48

Reaction score
OK, What I was thinking of doing is using the second output of my weepmiser to switch over to weeping windshield washer as my foam brush doesn't get used much when it's cold. Along with a PLC, it would purge the line (about 10 seconds) and only purge again after it got used.

That's all a little complicated, so I may just use a 50/50 mix of methanol FB soap for the coldest 2 months of the year, weep the rest. That should give me a good savings as FB is seldom used during those 2 months, but I weep like crazy and when its real cold weep warm water!

From a cost standpoint, it depends how much your FB gets used. I've never really studied that, just guessing.

Big

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I don't weep my foam brushes, I use Windtrax's recirculating system which runs warm liquid, either water or antifreeze, I use the latter, down your hose lines and back up. I made it into a closed loop system (with a vent for expansion) and run it whenever it's below freezing. My brushes are used a lot in the winter time and thus I need them operational. Also, a side benefit is that the warm lines run down my troughs keeping them warm. I used to have a lot of freeze ups in the winter before I put this system in. Last winter (first season of use) I had zero freezes. I really didn't notice my electric bill go up. Just using a Procon pump and water heater filled with an antifreeze solution. I don't circulate 24/7, I cycle the pump on and off with my PLC. Something like on for 4 minutes, off for 1, etc..