What's new

Foam brush soap jelling in tank

Clintearl

Reaction score
Having trouble with my foam brush soap jelling in the mixing tank, it gathers on the screen and stops the flow of product to the pump. The pump goes crazy starving for product. Has anyone had this problem? Looking for answers.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
This is a common issue and has been discussed here before. It is bacterial growth, according to the chemical guys. Clean it all out and throw a piece of copper in the tank. Something about the copper prevents the growth. Don't know why it works, but it cured the problem for me.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
In addition to the mixing tanks make sure you flush out the lines with an all purpose cleaner followed by fresh water or else the problem may return.

MEP001

Reaction score
Remove and clean the strainer, then siphon the tank empty and pour a cup of bleach in a gallon of very hot water into the tank, getting the sides as much as possible. Let it fill once, then siphon it again and put it back in service. That will kill all the algae, and as I.B. mentioned put a piece of copper pipe in the tank. It inhibits the growth of it in the future.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Put A one foot length (Long enough so it doesn't lay down flat. Figured it would be better surface area for the liquid. ) of 1/2" copper pipe in the tanks this year. Thought about using a grounding rod but thought the pipe had twice the surface (inside and outside) area and would be more effective. No more jell. Thanks guys. Also, one of those science show had something about old ships hulls clad in copper and sea life would not stick to it. Even current metal hulls use a piant with copper in it for the same reason. what's old is new againm:)

mac

Reaction score
As a footnote, those grounding rods are copper clad, with steel innards.