What's new

Foam Brush Sleeve Cracking

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have noticed the clear hose protector sleeve always cracks before the actual blue hose wears out. What do you guys do to preserve this sleeve to get longer life out of it?

I have changed my foam brush holders to vertical vs horizontal like they once were, which seems to have helped.

Once the sleeve cracks then the hose pinches and foam flow is reduced in the bay.

Do any of you guys resleeve them?

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite sent me some of those once, and every one of them broke like that after about three months. You can order them with the black hose guard and they'll last a lot longer.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I carefully cut away the short part of the clear sleeve and use a heat gun to heat up the long part. Once it gets a bit melty and soft I use gloves and push the clear sleeve up over the metal fitting. Done.

Keno

Reaction score
I carefully cut away the short part of the clear sleeve and use a heat gun to heat up the long part. Once it gets a bit melty and soft I use gloves and push the clear sleeve up over the metal fitting. Done.
This is what we do too

traveler17

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have noticed the clear hose protector sleeve always cracks before the actual blue hose wears out. What do you guys do to preserve this sleeve to get longer life out of it?

I have changed my foam brush holders to vertical vs horizontal like they once were, which seems to have helped.

Once the sleeve cracks then the hose pinches and foam flow is reduced in the bay.

Do any of you guys resleeve them?
I’ve never had that happen ,do you ever have a problem w these hoses kink?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm starting to use the mosmatic comfort hoses for LP functions, they seem to work fine but it's not economical.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I use to do the same, except I used a torch, so I didn't have to remove the hose or deal with a cord. My torch was mapp gas, so I had to hold it bad about a foot and be careful...works great.

Keno

Reaction score
I use to do the same, except I used a torch, so I didn't have to remove the hose or deal with a cord. My torch was mapp gas, so I had to hold it bad about a foot and be careful...works great.
Yep, we use a propane plumbers torch, have burned a couple due to impatience

Randy

Reaction score
I make up our own foam brush hoses. I bought a hand hose ferrule crimper https://heavydutydepot.com/product/...-h8-kit-heavy-duty-bench-crimper-with-ferrule I use the KR #HPB06X 3/8” heavy walled hose with a black 3/8” PVC hose guard #HF0800 over the crimped end of the hose. To get the PVC hose guard over the crimped end I put the end of the hose with the hose guard in a bucket of really hot water for about 5 minutes to softened the PVC and then pull the PVC hose guard over the end of the hose, I do the same thing when I make up high pressure hoses. The foam brush hoses look nice and last a good while.

Attachments

Keno

Reaction score
I make up our own foam brush hoses. I bought a hand hose ferrule crimper https://heavydutydepot.com/product/...-h8-kit-heavy-duty-bench-crimper-with-ferrule I use the KR #HPB06X 3/8” heavy walled hose with a black 3/8” PVC hose guard #HF0800 over the crimped end of the hose. To get the PVC hose guard over the crimped end I put the end of the hose with the hose guard in a bucket of really hot water for about 5 minutes to softened the PVC and then pull the PVC hose guard over the end of the hose, I do the same thing when I make up high pressure hoses. The foam brush hoses look nice and last a good while.
Never thought about having the 90 swivel on the foam brush. I think a lot of our hose wear is caused by sitting with all the weight of the hose when in the holder. I may try that out next time I have to change a swivel.