What's new

Foam Brush - Chasing Gremlins

Etowah

SoakZone

Reaction score
Good day,

I have an 8-bay SS and only one of them is weeping product constantly. It's the bay furthest away from the mech room. I've checked/replaced the solenoid valve a couple times and the problem always comes back. Even with the power to the bay cut off the FloJet still activates and a short, small burst of air goes through the lines to the bay. The product coming through when actually running is runny. All the other bays have good looking foam.

Any help, ideas, suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you sure you're replacing the correct solenoid? Did you disconnect the line from the outlet and see it running product?

Did you install the new solenoid in the correct orientation?

SoakZone

Reaction score
Yeah, they're all labelled properly and they only go in one way. Product still leaks after checking outlet hoses. (not sure what you mean by "correct orientation)".

MEP001

Reaction score
(not sure what you mean by "correct orientation)".
Solenoids have an inlet and an outlet. With some it's very easy to install them backwards, then they can't stop pressure from flowing.

Can you post a picture of the solenoids?

Randy

Reaction score
Do you think it might be the manifold block that's eroded?

Don B.

Reaction score
Is it air or soap? You should also have a bank of air solenoid's. Can you hear the flo-jet activate when this happens? If it’s the soap solenoid Is it the last solenoid at the end of the manifold? The one on the end is usually the one that catches all of the debris, if there is any in the line. Have you taken the solenoid apart to check for trash in it?

SoakZone

Reaction score
Is it air or soap? You should also have a bank of air solenoid's. Can you hear the flo-jet activate when this happens? If it’s the soap solenoid Is it the last solenoid at the end of the manifold? The one on the end is usually the one that catches all of the debris, if there is any in the line. Have you taken the solenoid apart to check for trash in it?
"The one on the end is usually the one that catches all of the debris" - This is most likely the culprit then. I'll take it a apart and have a look/clean.

Thanks!

edredtop

Reaction score
(I'm sure you've already got this, but for anybody else reading 3 years later...)
Check the air solenoid as well and make sure you have the air/soap mixture balanced correctly.
Too much pressure on the soap side can make the soap runny, and force product up the air line, then when the cycle finishes, it'll dribble like a bad prostate until it clears. Especially if there is soap build up in an old hose, handle, or brush head.
Being the bay furthest from the equipment room, that could be enough for a good puddle after each wash cycle.

SoakZone

Reaction score
Can you hear the flo-jet activate when this happens?
Now I have the same problem on the truck bay side. Same thing... furthest foam brushes are constantly weeping. FloJet is still pumping every 5 to 7 seconds. (not as often as when it is actually activated).
I've taken off both the chemical and air solenoids and replaced them with new ones. I've checked the brass manifold block and it looks clean. Maybe there is some schmeg somewhere... would sucking the manifold out with a vacuum cleaner damage anything?