What's new

Flow meters on low pressure functions??

Noob

Reaction score
I don't believe my solenoids are metered. I think they're completely open or completely closed. Instead of changing them out with metered solenoids could do metered flow meters instead and leave the existing solenoids in place?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I don't believe my solenoids are metered. I think they're completely open or completely closed. Instead of changing them out with metered solenoids could do metered flow meters instead and leave the existing solenoids in place?
Yes, that would be the next best thing!

Noob

Reaction score
Im also running tire cleaner out of the foam gun. Would the flow meter needed for that be the same as the presoak?

Noob

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll start with tire cleaner, presoak, and maybe hot wax. All are dispensed out of the foam guns. Does this look correct? Do I want SS valve, SS wetted parts? Does end connections mean the products enters and exits out the top and bottom verses the back side? Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 2.26.00 PM.png

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
That looks correct comparing to my flow rates, you will have a range of 12.8 oz per minute to 85.3 oz per minute. My PS flows at 25gpm (53.3 oz per minute) so you should be in the range plus have plenty of leeway either way. SS wetted parts means that the inserts are Stainless Steel, which you want and also the valve needs to be SS...If I had to start from scratch, I'd order end connections. It would be so much easier and straight-forward to mount and connect the tubing. The only problem I see is they don't have a P/N listed on the PDF I previously linked to that covers all three options. SS Wetted Parts, SS valve, and End Connections. I did find another "How To Order" chart (see below) and the P/N should look something like this - VFB-84-SSV-EC. I don't see that P/N configuration in the Model Chart below, but looks like that option exists in the "how to order" chart. I think I would give the manufacture a call to verify all three options exist and possibly just order direct from them since the pricing looks to be the same as what you linked to. That way you'll get exactly what you are wanting. Click link below.

VFB-84-SSV (dwyer-inst.com)

Chart.JPG

Chart_1.JPG